Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Going Organic!

Just a journal blog today so far I haven't taken any pics of Hunter today but I plan to after this nap. Most of you know that I don't cook or like to go food shopping. It is just not my thing. Not sure why I think I would rather work and help people than go get food and fix a meal. I am very paranoid when I do cook that it tastes bad or I burnt the meal. But through the years being married I have gotten a little better but not much. Thank goodness Larry loves to cook and cooks well! Thanks Dude! My mother got me a book for Easter that is called "Mommy Rescue Guide-Toddler Meals" and it has inspired me to be a better food shopper and maybe even try to attempt to cook! In the book it said that organic food is much better for kids and I heard this many times but when you finally have a little someone who you need to take care of a little bell in your head says I gotta do what is good! I think Jo told me when she had Mckenna that she started eating even healthier when Mckenna was a toddler so I am thinking that I am trying to go that route also. Don't get to excited for me cause I found a way not to go to the store! I know lazy me but at least I am trying. We went to the Expo center last weekend for an environmental show and Larry told me that Ryan and Katie have a company that brings fruit and veggies to their door! So I found a booth that does just this and signed up! Can you believe that I am really excited about this and it has to do with fruits and veggies and I am not the biggest fan of either of these but now I am excited! The company is called Pioneer Organics and they will drop off a crate of fruit and veggies every other week on friday's! We tell them what we don't like and they will not send it and if we want all fruits or all veggies that is what they will send! Pretty cool! I know you are all saying this isn't new but for me it is! My boys and I are going organic! I hope this works out and we get nice healthy meals in our bellies and maybe I will like to eat fruits and veggies and cooking! I will keep you posted our first crate comes April 11th! Here's the website for them if anyone is interested. They go to parts of Washington and Oregon but no further than Oregon City. Sorry Canbyonians they havent' started there yet but maybe soon! Maybe you too can go organic! www.PioneerOrganics.com Have a lovely day everyone!

No comments: