Yesterday was my pre-mother's day cause I got the most pampered on Saturday. We woke up early cause Hunter did and his first nap he only slept 45 minutes. He was cranky with me in the am and I was probably up to my 20th "No" and so Larry took him for a secret 2 hour trip while I did projects that are hard to do with mover grover Hunter. I cleaned up, folded laundry, finished a book I was reading, planted some flowers in pots, and dug weeds out of our veggie bed. It is amazing what you can get done when you don't have an active one year old attached! The boys came back from the mall and they got me a pair of Crocs for me for mother's day so I can wear them at work! Total suprise! They also made me a monkey from the Build a Bear store. For some reason I don't think it is for me but for another little monkey in the family! Hunter is getting used to it because Larry had the store put in a monkey sound in the arm so he isn't used to the sound yet. Than my mother came over after lunch and we went to get our nails done and get a pedi/mani treatment in the OC that was my gift to her. We went to the nail place and they had the "deluxe" pedicure or the "general". The deluxe was a little bit more than I could spend so my mother paid the difference and treated me to the "deluxe". It involved exfoliating lotion, mud paste, hot towels, and hot rocks. Let me tell you that I was just ready for a normal pedicure so I shaved my legs that am and my "deluxe" was pretty painful but in the end it was nice. The exfoliating lotion burned and stung and the hot towels were very hot and the rocks at first burned but once everything cooled down it was relaxing. My mother and I have pretty toes and fingers and it was a nice time to relax and hang with my mother. Happy Mother's day Mother! I came home after 2 1/2 hours of "spa treatment" and Hunter was still sleeping and he slept for over 3 1/2 hours! Larry had to go to PSU for an alumni party that evening so it was just me and Hunter. We played with the monkey and he gave it loves and I think he is starting to like it. I tried to get pics of him giving it loves but once he saw the camera it was game over! We had a good time hanging out together. He was tired before 9 so I put him to bed early and vegged and watched some TV! We woke up Sunday am and the boys went to get me Starbucks for Mother's day. It has been a nice and pleasant 2nd Mother's day! Hope everyone else has a great Mother's day even if you are or are not one enjoy the nice sunny day!
No comments:
Post a Comment