Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hurdles

My new word for issues is hurdles. Not sure why I picked this word. It just came to me today. Maybe because to me hurdles reminds me of a hill and once you get to the other side from being on the top that you have accomplished something. I have many hurdles probably more than I can count or even know of. Today, one of my hurdles came to me and I got it fixed. Am I relieved? Yes. Will it take time to set in that I did it? Yes, does it feel good that it is out in the open and talked about and dealt with? Yes.

So thank you to my hurdle who came to me. You don't know how much it means to me and now I have to process it and release it.

One hurdle down more to try to accomplish and deal with.

Whoever reads my blog I hope that you attack your hurdles that you have because once you have it might make your day or life a little easier. Only time will tell.

Update on my TLC. Wanna hear two ways I am showing TLC?
~One...dancing with my kids. I am not a good dancer at all. I don't have the hips for it or the rhythm. But when I dance with my kids they have no clue that I am looking like a clown in front of them they just laugh and Hunter stomps his feet and runs around me. I love to crank up the music and take Grace in my arms and dance, dance, dance. I love to tell Hunter to stommp his feet and watch his crazy legs stop and his skinny little body move all around and run around me like a washing machine (his own words). Fun let me tell you. You should try it even if you don't have kids. Crank up the music and just dance!

~Two...tickling. Who would have known tickling could be so much fun? Every night after bath time and this is mostly Grace cause the girl loves her bath. When I am done putting on her pajamas and I tell her ok she flips like no other and starts crawling on the bed and knows I am going to tickle her and she laughs and stands up and I push her down, nicely of course and tickle her and this goes on and on. By this time if Hunter didn't want to take a bath he hears us and comes in for his tickle torture to! If he does take a bath then he gets his pajamas on and the tickling on the bed continues! It actually is an aerobic activity for me I have to stop them just to catch me breath! Fun let me tell you.

Maybe these aren't really TLC but to me they are. I didn't do this much when Hunter was little but I am learning. So try dancing just cause and give some you love a little bit of tickle fun.

2 comments:

Mom said...

so glad you can dance without one of your hurtles to stop you! Dance Dance Dance!!! love, mom

Amanda said...

Awww... I love the mental picture of you dancing with your kids. Adorable!