I got so much done but I did do mistakes and I just have to laugh about it. The first one was when I put the kids and Misha in the car to go to Home Depot and locked the doors I went to the shed to find the can of paint for the walls and to get the stroller out that I want to sell on craigslist. Well I was taking forever to find the paint and I found two that were close to the right color and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't find the right name on the cans. I though maybe it just wore off. Honestly I did. Got back to the car and the kiddos. During nap time I painted the spots on the walls but it was alot darker and I thought it would just lightened as it dried. Well it didn't by the time Hunter woke up it was still the same color so I distracted him with Little Einstein and went to the shed again while Grace slept. Finally found the Toasted Cashew that I was looking for and couldn't believe I had just put the color that the previous owner had on the walls before us. Crazy I know but I didn't think we kept it. Got back in the house and of course Hunter was all about helping me. So that was my first not so smart thing.
The second. A few weeks back I saw a cute idea for cupcakes for Easter and I wanted to make it for all the family members for tomorrow. It was a cupcake with a Peeps on it. I do not like Peeps but I thought it was cute. I bought everything for them a few weeks back and stored it above my fridge. Well I wanted to make hard boiled eggs tomorrow for the Robinson's get together just in case we wanted to color eggs again and I had a busy afternoon and evening out and about that when we got home Grace went to sleep and Hunter was still up. I knew I had to boil the eggs and still make the cupcakes and get Hunter down and not be up all night. So I thought I would try to start doing all this without him knowing cause I knew he would love to help but than wouldn't go to bed till after ten. So I boiled a dozen eggs cooled them and put them back in the carton. That was all done and Hunter was none the wiser. So I figured out what cupcake trays I was going to use and what color to use for the papers and I was so excited about what colors I had chosen. Can you tell where this is going? Yep I got out my cool mixing bowl and put the powder in and went to get the eggs for it and realized I had hard boiled all the eggs! Dummy. I was so bummed. I looked at the nasty, cute purple and blue Peeps and knew it wasn't going to work. I was so sad I wanted to do this for the family and suprise them all that I backed cupcakes and I wanted to give them to them as a thank you and I couldn't even make them cause I didn't think it all out! :( So the next time I am at the store I will get more eggs make them and then give them to family after way after Easter. But I tried. It is the thought that counts, right? They would have been cute. They will be when I make them cause the Peeps can't stay in my house I don't like to eat them :). So there you go I wasn't very smart today.
Today, I was praying all day and thinking about others today. I realized that my drama is not as bad as what other people are going through and I need to take another step back and not complain so much about my life. Today, I found out that a family I used to know at Canby Alliance lost their daughter in a car crash she was 18 and the last time I saw their daughter she was about 8 and I had helped teach her younger sister in one of my sunday school classes. She was driving with her little brother who I also taught in one of my sunday school classes and he was hurt but the last I heard he was going to live. I am so heart broken for this family. They almost lost 2 out of 3 of there kids and to know they lost one is just heart wrenching. They are the sweetest family in the world and their whole family is amazing. I wouldn't know what to do if I had lost one of my babies let alone both. I can't even imagine. I was and still am thinking of this family and as I was complaining of saying I don't want to do this anymore this family was grieving the loss of their oldest daughter and hoping their youngest would be ok. I am feeling pretty selfish about how I complained I have nothing to complain about compared to what this family is going through. My heart and prayers are with them and their extended family.
Another family my sweet friend, Cammie, her family is going through a hard weekend too. Their big girl, Bella, who is 2 months older than Hunter has to have heart surgery on Monday. I could not even imagine what is going on or through their heads waiting and inticipating what will happen and getting ready for Monday. I know what it was like for us when Hunter had his colonoscopy and that was tough for us but this is Bella's heart. Totally different. I am pretty sure and very hopeful that it will all go well but just knowing she has to have it done isn't fun or going to be easy but they have so many people, me included praying for her and I know she will come out of this surgery with flying colors. But again I am being selfish about my drama and it is nothing compared to my friend and her husband and their family getting ready for Monday.
So to my friends out there that are praying for me. If you could add these two families to your prayer list that would be awesome and alot of you probably already have them on but spread the word a little more prayer will go along way!
1 comment:
We are also praying for the Knopps and Elliotts...and you too! Such hard circumstances, but GOD is still GOOD through this all. It is such a huge blessing and relief knowing that they know Christ.
As far as your cupcakes go, I'm sure you saw my post for Sebastain's 2nd birthday where I ruined 4 boxes of cake mix (burned actually) and wasted a dozen eggs before I finally threw in the towel and bought an ice cream cake. It's still spring, I'm sure they'd love to eat a peeps cupcake later on in the week too!
Post a Comment