Not the greatest picture but here is one part of the fish tank wall that is done. I still have to get a big art frame to put between this and the fish tank wall to fill up the wall. I hope to get the frame tomorrow at Kohl's with a coupon :) The shelf here is from IKEA a steal. The silver collage frame has already been changed to a picture of us (minus Grace she wasn't born) rafting with Hunter and Uncle Corey. I did the peacock feathers for something different and for height and it was cheap. They are sitting in a Starbucks frap jar and yes I cleaned it but I thought why not and the rocks are from the rocks outside. Super cheap. Used a gift card on the candle holders and candles (thanks Lindsey and Corey!) and I bought the frame of Multnomah Falls cause we took the kids there and they love falls so I wanted to give them something they new about. Hunter wanted the gourd on the shelf cause I had just bought them to put on the table.
Again, not the greatest picture but I am still trying to figure out the lighting with my camera. Grace was getting mad at me cause I kept getting in her way of watching Wonder Pets, her favorite show it has replace Little Einsteins.
Here is what one side of the kiddos room looks like with toys all organized in their bins. Love that. I wrote about the shelves later on in this post.
Kids reading books on Grace's bed.
Hunter sleeping in his bunk bed.
Grace was put in her bunk bed after falling asleep in her crib. Lasted 2 hours than she woke up and I had to move her back to her crib. She hasn't been back in her big girl bed since.
Grace's baby memorabilia finally up on a wall! The white shelves were given to me for free!
Finally a picture of the computer/office aka the room off the kitchen. Lucy put a hole in the blinds. This is her second set. After the winter I am taking them off and keeping them off. Yes, I drink wine. Love wine. The wine on the wall is 2 buck chuck...Trader Jo's wine that is $2 and something and I love it and it is great with my budget. I really, really like this new space. I used a frame table I bought when I was single living in an apartment and it works perfect for the space. The part you can't see is the cool red rug :) Tried to use alot of colors since the kitchen has a green counter top and the kitchen is basically the same room as this little nook the fridge seperates them.
The two cute kids on my screen are Grace and Nate!
I realized I didn't take a picture yet of the kids closets! I think it is because I am still putting clothes in them. Right now I have 5 bins in the living room and a table of clothes to decided whether to keep or put in a bin of clothes that haven't even worn. They got a lot of hand me down clothes in the size they are in now and I feel very blessed about that. I will try to post pictures of Hunter's first soccer game tomorrow! And pumpkin patch pictures that we will be going to tomorrow. And I will take pictures of their closets and room. Their room is almost done I just have to get a coat rack up and it is done. :)
In other news around the house. I stopped giving Hunter milk in bed big huge deal and he wasn't happy for 1 night and 1 am and has been awesome ever since. He gets Club penguin game day Wii if he doesn't drink milk or wake me up for a week and if he does this he gets the game and yes he has to continue not having milk and stay asleep. He has a couple more days to go and he gets the Wii game :) so very proud of my little dude! This is huge because I haven't slept the night through in about a year because of one or both of the kids. Also, I tossed all of Grace's bottles yesterday evening. One because she really should have been stopped a long time ago but cause of the drama in my life I wasn't at that stage in mine or hers to do it. I also dislike washing Dr. Brown bottle pieces by hand they are a major pain. She had one meltdown that lasted less then ten minutes. Threw her sippy cup once and then came back to it and she has been drinking from it since. She does ask for her bottle but accepts it and says she doesn't like the milk in the sippy cup when she gets it but after awhile she starts drinking it. Can I just say that I am so proud of both kids they are suprising me so much in what they have done in regards to the changes I am doing to them in regards to drinking milk. They are troopers and I honestly thought they were going to be more, more stubborn about the whole process of not getting something they want and are used to. I love my babes!
I realized I didn't take a picture yet of the kids closets! I think it is because I am still putting clothes in them. Right now I have 5 bins in the living room and a table of clothes to decided whether to keep or put in a bin of clothes that haven't even worn. They got a lot of hand me down clothes in the size they are in now and I feel very blessed about that. I will try to post pictures of Hunter's first soccer game tomorrow! And pumpkin patch pictures that we will be going to tomorrow. And I will take pictures of their closets and room. Their room is almost done I just have to get a coat rack up and it is done. :)
In other news around the house. I stopped giving Hunter milk in bed big huge deal and he wasn't happy for 1 night and 1 am and has been awesome ever since. He gets Club penguin game day Wii if he doesn't drink milk or wake me up for a week and if he does this he gets the game and yes he has to continue not having milk and stay asleep. He has a couple more days to go and he gets the Wii game :) so very proud of my little dude! This is huge because I haven't slept the night through in about a year because of one or both of the kids. Also, I tossed all of Grace's bottles yesterday evening. One because she really should have been stopped a long time ago but cause of the drama in my life I wasn't at that stage in mine or hers to do it. I also dislike washing Dr. Brown bottle pieces by hand they are a major pain. She had one meltdown that lasted less then ten minutes. Threw her sippy cup once and then came back to it and she has been drinking from it since. She does ask for her bottle but accepts it and says she doesn't like the milk in the sippy cup when she gets it but after awhile she starts drinking it. Can I just say that I am so proud of both kids they are suprising me so much in what they have done in regards to the changes I am doing to them in regards to drinking milk. They are troopers and I honestly thought they were going to be more, more stubborn about the whole process of not getting something they want and are used to. I love my babes!
2 comments:
the house is looking so nice and cozy! you are doing so well with the kids....which is a big accomplishment raising them while Lar is away. You are a fantastic mom!
looks super cute! I'm a little behind and trying to catch up here - did you move? I'll keep reading and I'm sure I'll find out!
Post a Comment