Thursday, September 6, 2012

:: meet and greets ::

Today was BOTH my kids meet and greets for school!  Seriously, this is a big day for me!  My baby is in her first year of Preschool and my oldest is in Kindergarten!  Please make them stop growing!  This was my first official day going back to working 4 days a week and now I have Thursday's off!  Whoo Hoo!  Not great on the paycheck but I am thinking being a mom once a week and taking my kids to school and picking them up is going to make me feel better about not doing it the other 4 days and having to work and rely on family to help me.  So, my first Thursday off I got to go to both my kids meet and greets!  Yeah!  It was fun!  We started off the morning dropping Hunter off at Nana's and Larry and I took Grace to Hunter's old Preschool and she got to officially go in his old class and do stuff that Hunter got to do and she didn't and she was a happy little clam.  She get's to have one of Hunter's teachers and meet a new one and she fit in pretty good.  The only thing she didn't do was talk to the boys in her class but that will have to come with time.  She is so excited to be in Hunter's old school I think she will do ok there.  Will see next week that is when she starts!  It is so weird for me to put my baby in a school and know she isn't with me and her brother who she depends on all the time but thank goodness she knows one of the teachers and she knows one of the girlies in her class! 

My buddy had his meet and greet today and this one is harder for me.  He is getting so big and it is a a class he goes in 5 days a week and that is a big step for me.  He also has to do buses for a couple of the days and that is hard for me.  I wish I could be a stay at home mom so my kiddos don't have to go through this but it isn't going to happen.  He met his teacher and he was a little shy but I think he will come around.  His teacher said his class has alot more boys then girls in it the most she has ever had so maybe it will be good for him to be around this many boys but in Preschool is fav was a girl :). 

It was a hard day for this mama and I think next week will be harder.  I am going to try my best to make it to both kids first day and pick them both up but with work it is tough but I am going to try my best for me and for my whomps.  Crazy that they are both in school!  But they both need it cause they are so smart and they need the socialization and this is the best way I think I can give it to them. 

We survived meet and greet will see how next week goes :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

sigh, they are growing up fast! You should feel proud of raising them--you have done such an awesome job! I am here for you to help out when you need me. I have to admit it reminds me of your first day at school. I was proud of you that day but spent alot of time wondering what happened to my little baby. It is a big step for them but a huge step for a parent! Hang in there! love, mom