Music is my help mate. I never really understood music until I was at my lowest and went to counseling. I learned and my counselor taught me to find something that helped me and got me through whatever was my issue. So I learned to turn on music. And listen to the words, and the actual melody, sing, and dance to it. I love all kinds of music but my fav would have to be country and Celtic. I am starting to actually sing again too. I don't feel embarrassed about it anymore. I sang in grade school and high school but I think it was more of a pressure to sing and they needed kids to sing to make it to convention and competitions. So I did it. But now it isn't forced. And I dance to music. I dance crazy with my kids or just dance with my kiddos in my arms showing them how to dance. I posted another song that I am loving right now! I gotta get myself a Kenny Chesney album cause I love all his music but Pandora is my ultimate friend and I can listen to him on that!
My next new find is finding Christmas music that I love! My past favorite Christmas artist is Amy Grant. I love her 2 old Christmas albums. I haven't found them yet for this season but hopefully will get the right bin out next week! My fav, fav, fav from the last couple of years is this one...
Faith Hill! Love this song! I could sing it at the top of my lungs. :)
This last week I have been overwhelmed and it happens every time Larry is gone every month and I am not sure why. I think it is because I want my family to be like so many out there all together and not have to be apart. But mine isn't like that and I hope someday it is but I get overwhelmed with life, kids, house, work, and being the one in charge. So I have to take out my music and sit back and let it work its way into me and either listen, sing, or dance to it.
My next new find is finding Christmas music that I love! My past favorite Christmas artist is Amy Grant. I love her 2 old Christmas albums. I haven't found them yet for this season but hopefully will get the right bin out next week! My fav, fav, fav from the last couple of years is this one...
Faith Hill! Love this song! I could sing it at the top of my lungs. :)
This last week I have been overwhelmed and it happens every time Larry is gone every month and I am not sure why. I think it is because I want my family to be like so many out there all together and not have to be apart. But mine isn't like that and I hope someday it is but I get overwhelmed with life, kids, house, work, and being the one in charge. So I have to take out my music and sit back and let it work its way into me and either listen, sing, or dance to it.
1 comment:
girl, you have an awesome voice! I remember one Christmas program where you had a solo. When you sang, Pam and I turned to each other and said "WOW!" I am glad you are finding your voice! Music is a great soother in good and bad times. Love you, Mom
Post a Comment