Tuesday, January 29, 2013

:: proud mama ::

Last night was the last night for swimming and I thought it was going to be testing night but I am still figuring out how the swimming pool does things.  Last month we didn't make the last class because Hunter does skating on Wednesday so they mailed us their report but I already knew Hunter passed and Grace didn't cause I asked the teacher.  This month I thought last night was testing day and had prepped Grace for trying to put her face in the water like I did for her Friday class.  The both went in the pool and did their class but there was a table of report cards right in front of us and I was thinking to myself maybe they are already done and weren't getting tested.  So as I was watching parent after parent take a card off the table I glanced over and saw my Buddies name on a report card.  I wasn't worried that he didn't pass cause he already did I just couldn't get him in Swim tots B it was already full for this month I was just curious about my Grace Kat.  I leaned over and took theirs off the table and...
 
Grace's is on the left and Hunter's is on the right
 
My baby girl passed!  I was so amazed her card was all checked off (the pic is the back side of the report card) and said she could go to Swim Tots B!  And another shock was Hunter passed and could go straight to Level 1 and not have to do Swim Tots B!  Whoo Hoo!  As they were doing their lesson I went and checked if I could get Buddy in level 1 and keep Grace in Swim Tots B since I couldn't get her back in A if she didn't pass and it worked out that I could get Hunter in Level 1 at the same time as Grace for Swim Tots B.  Happy mom!  This was Larry's first time watching them at their lessons and seeing them swim, too.  On Hunter's report card it said to listen better to his teachers which he needs to it was he was not challenged and was bored cause he did all the stuff last month I totally get it but he still needed to listen.  Pretty sure he will listen next class cause it is for big kids!  We waited until they got done with their lessons and of course they came running to me to see if they earned ice cream with chocolate syrup (I gotta try to encourage them somehow :) ) for doing good and I said yes but had Larry tell them that they passed and what class they were in next.  Dude was so excited he got to pass a level my homegirl was jumping for joy!  This is her first official passing something and it was a great milestone in her life!  She has seen her brother (her idol) pass Preschool and lots of ice skating classes and knows it is a big deal to pass something so last night was a huge night for her it was her first official passing something and leveling up in something she wanted to do!  It was a happy night for my little swimmers let me tell you!  I am one proud mama and now they will be in seperate classes which I think will be good for them and they will learn better.  :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

so proud of those two--they did awesome!! and proud of mama for hanging in there!

The Elliotts said...

Yay!!!