For those who asked :) here is what I did during my stay home vacation! The cool thing is I have this week off also so will see what I get done during it! Here is one of the projects was my kids changing table dresser. When we put the kids in a buck bed we didn't have room for this dresser so it went to Larry's parents for a couple of years and I wanted to get a dresser for Grace and Larry suggested using this one again. I wasn't super exited to because it was banged up and the knobs were chewed from Kramer and I wanted something cute for her. But I listened and saved money by not buying a new dresser. It hung out in her room for 2 weeks or so and I just couldn't take it anymore so I went and did a redo on it! My vacation week was right when the kids were in school and one of them hates to shop (dude) and so I new I would be able to take as much time as I wanted at the store if I went when they were in school. I am so happy with the end product of Grace's dresser! Here is the before picture of the front...see on the left bottom drawer a chewed knob...argh!
before knobs
after knobs!
Grace picked them out and they are lovely little pink glass knobs!
I am swooning with how fun the look!
So the other part of the dresser that isn't so cool is the top. It was dirty and smeared so I love Mr. Clean cleaner erasers they work wonders! Also, I accidently took off the paint one day I think when Grace was little from a picture with a sticky spot and the spot took the whole paint off the top. Not cool. And of course it was right in the middle of the dresser! My idea was sticky paper on the top to make it all cute and if it got dirty we could just put another on later down the road cause Grace is going to have this dresser for awhile! My mom helped me find the paper for the top since I looked and couldn't find any and I so wanted to get this done but I had the kiddos and they didn't want to venture to my fav store, Target!
before sticky paper
after sticky paper!
I love it so! It is a green lacey look and it goes amazing with it all!
finished product!
I think it looks so much better and goes so well with her walls and her bedding and making her room complete! And now she can get her own clothes instead of me grabbing them for her she can take them out and that makes me happy!
1 comment:
Awesome project! I love the green and pink combo. You have officially inspired me to refresh the boys' room.
Post a Comment