Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Finishing projects, finally!

This last weekend I finally got two of my projects done that I have been wanting to do forever and they are finally finished! Thanks to Larry's help even when he was down with the flu we tackled them and got them done. Just in time for Hunter's birthday party!

Project One~The ugly cat/dog door that came with the house that is in Hunter's room. A few weekends ago Larry put some wood around the sharp edges and made it safe for Hunter to hold onto. We went looking at new cat doors but they were too expensive so Larry fixed it and made it himself. This weekend we both painted it and it looks alot better! So here is the finished project! I know ugly cat/dog door but it looks so much better!

Project Two~Putting up something to hide Hunter's closet! I finally bought some fabric and sewed a curtain to cover his closet. When we bought the house it didn't have a door or anything on his closet. I think it looks alot better. I found some fabric that was the color of his room that had monkey's on it! Check it out! Pretty cute, huh?!

I am not the greatest at sewing but this is the finished product and it looks so much better now that his room is complete with new closet and fixed cat/dog door! Wonder what I can get accomplished this weekend?

2 comments:

Dena said...

Great job on the Curious George curtains, Alison! and to think you hated fabric and crafts when you were growing up!

Lar--the cat door is a great improvement!

love
mom

The Elliotts said...

Wow, those look great Al!! You are a great sewer! I hope you have so much fun this weekend with Hunter's birthday party. I too can't believe he's 1. Crazy! Almost time for another bun in the oven, eh??? :-)

Love ya!
Cam