Hunter has a colonoscopy on Monday am at Emanuel Hospital. He is having it because he gets constipated and has had blood clots in his stool. The doctor is checking for polyps and hopefully it comes back fine and if they don't find polyps they will have to check his other organs so I am hoping for benign polyps. He started his clear liquid diet today at 1 pm and has to do it until his procedure. This means no milk, food, or liquids that you can't see through. This will be tough for him because he loves his baa's (milk in bottles) and gets them before he goes down for naps and bedtime and when he wakes up in the am. We tried our best to feed him alot this am but he hasn't been the hungriest lately. He has four teeth coming in so that could be his reason. He did well this afternoon but didn't go down for his nap and he is still up now!...I am back it is now Sunday day two of clear liquids only! He didn't go to sleep until 9:45pm it was such a sad struggle. He kept wanting his baa and probably still was hungry cause he mostly just goes to bed like a peach. We didn't know what to do so we warmed apple juice up for him and he drank some but kept looking at his bottle. He woke up two times last night but nothing major. I couldn't sleep because I was all worried about him I don't know when all the poo is gonna start coming but it hasn't yet! He had a good one before this all started so maybe he is a little cleaned out. He hasn't taken all the laxative powder I have tried his sippy cups what since he is teething he just chews them and drinks a little so hopefully he is getting enough. Yesterday for his dinner he had green jello and a popsicle I haven't tried the chicken broth yet trying to come up with a creative way for him to drink it. This am went well he drank his warm gatorade with laxative included so maybe we will make it through after all. Gotta jet he might go down for a nap here and so will I.
No comments:
Post a Comment