Day two of the weekend went pretty smooth. We tried to keep Hunter busy around the house cause we didn't know when the prep would kick in. He watched lots of Elmo, Seasame Street, and Baby Einstein but he was happy. He didn't eat much though. By lunch Jello wasn't cool anymore and by dinner popsicles weren't cool either and he didn't like the broth I think it was too salty. I tried using the straw to get him to eat it but he took one sip and made his not like face. He went to bed much easier last night at his regular scheduled bedtime, which was such a relief! He slept the whole night through and woke up at 5:30 am all grumpy! Larry and I didn't get much sleep with thinking of what was gonna happen and if it was gonna go on. I had told Larry on Sunday afternoon that Hunter was having this procedure at Emanuel and he said we had to go to Providence Hospitals so I was an emotional wreck cause I couldn't believe we were almost done with the weekend and here I had him going to the wrong place even though the GI office said the hospital took our insurance. After trying to cancel the whole thing with the GI on Sunday the GI doctor said it was a go cause the insurance approved it. We couldn't reach the insurance on Sunday so Larry called first thing at 6 am on Monday and they said it was approved. Thank goodness because I didn't want Hunter to go through liquids only all over again and I didn't want to pay for this procedure when our insurance pays at 100%. Anyways, back to today. Hunter was a trooper. The doctor didn't find anything in his intestines no polyps so she took two biopsies of his lining in different areas and will see what that shows. If it comes back fine than he will have an MRI to see if he has two appendixes that can cause his symptoms in 2 year olds even though he is 18 mo, he just looks like a 2 year old. I feel bad for all the parents that have to go through surgeries with their kids. This wasn't fun and just knowing he was put under and someone was doing something to him and your not there to make sure he is ok and that they aren't hurting him is tough. He was away from us for an hour with the procedure and another hour in recovery. When we saw him he wasn't happy at all it was so sad cause he had a raspy voice from the tubing and he didn't like what was on his feet and his makeshift IV site. They had to give him more pain meds when we saw him and after 5 minutes you could tell that is what he needed. He wasn't a happy camper for the next 30-45 minutes but as soon as he was given some goldfish he was a happy boy! He could see the change in him instantly you give a Robinson boy food it makes them happy! His first food in 2 days! And he loves goldfishes! We left the hospital after noon and by 2:00pm he is alot better now. He didn't go down for a nap and he isn't loopy anymore. He is eating more goldfish now and hasn't left the table for about 20 minutes! I better go hang with my little brave boy just wanted to let you all know it is done and will see what becomes of it all.
1 comment:
Yay Al, thank you for the update! I was praying for you guys all day yesterday hoping that it all went smooth. Poor little guy, going through all that. Good thing is, he'll never remember it...just you and Larry. I'm glad he's recovered and I hope they're able to find something soon. Keep us posted.
Post a Comment