Thursday, January 1, 2009
OB appt
Yesterday, Lar and I went to our appt and my mother stayed home to watch Hunter during his nap which was a good thing! Thank you mother! My OB doc is on vacation this week so I saw Lindsey's doc instead. We were there 3 hours! He was nice and thorough and since my last two ultrasounds were showing differences about Little Miss's growth he wanted to do an ultrasound himself. We waited awhile which was fine with me and than once again went through another ultrasound but this wasn't painful thank goodness! He got the same measurements as the last one so she is behind in her measurements and measuring at a due date of Jan 26th. But he said the results could be +/- 3 weeks so she can be born still around her original due date on the 11th. She is around 5.7-7.1 lbs. I am hoping for her not being in the 5 lb range. Am I bummed with the news, kinda but he said she was with in normal limits just maybe on the small side but he wasn't too concerned. So I am gonna trust him. Her heart rate was low on the ultrasound and it could have been that I was on my back, but I also had noticed she wasn't as active that whole afternoon and wasn't in the doctor's office like she usually is so he wanted me to be hooked up to a fetal monitor. These usually take about 20 min but it took us an hour! She just wasn't moving and they need two good movements with positive reactions in her heartbeat. They gave me juice and made me turn on my sides which was nice cause my hips were getting stuck laying on my back. The doctor came in and worked with the machine also poor guy he was pretty much doing everything. I think he will remember us since I was such a drama patient for him. Long story short we were there till closing and the doctor had a nurse bring us plates of food they had from some lunch for New Years! I have never been given food at an appt and it was very nice of him to think of us being hungry and offering us some. It was very yummy. And he finally saw what he wanted to see on the readings and let us go! He was very close to having me go into the hospital and being put on the fetal monitor there and see what she would do since she was sleeping and not wanting to be disturbed. So there you go. We didn't have a New Years baby like Lar wanted for taxes but that is all good I just want her to grow more so she can come out nice and healthy like her brother! Will see what my doctor says next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment