Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Shower and Back to work!

Been a busy week so I haven't blogged much. I have lost alot of sleep but I think my mind and body are getting used to it now. Scary. Last weekend, my mother did a family shower for Grace and I and it was nice and relaxful. We didn't have a big turnout but those who came made it fun and relaxing. Thanks again mother for doing such a cool shower for Miss Grace! The next day I took pictures of Hunter helping me take apart the diaper cake that Annie made. He had a great time helping and putting the diapers in the tube. My mother also got him a gift some Elmo bubble bath and I forgot about his gift until I started taking things out of gift bags and was doing thank you cards and he was hanging out with me putting stickers on a paper and I gave him the gift. He held on to it the whole time we did stickers and he proceeded to carry it around the house with him for the next hour.
Some days Hunter is better with his screaming but some days it is rough. He is adjusting to Grace having a pacifer when she wants and he can't have his unless he goes to bed and that has been an issue. I feel bad for him cause I know he doesn't get it but it seems like Grace might not like the pacifer after all so this might be a plus! We just give it to her because it helps prevent SIDS and sometimes makes it easier for her to go to sleep. Another issue is us holding Grace but every kid goes through that. In the end, I think he is doing ok with the big transition in his life especially for a little guy who isn't even two yet.

I have to go back to work this Monday! We just can't afford for me to stay home any longer. We don't want to put bills on credit cards so Miss G gets to go hang out with Grandma at daycare at 4 weeks old! I feel like a terrible mother but I have to do it to keep us feed and a roof over us so I just have to deal with it and know I am doing what is best for her and us all. That darn snow took alot of my vacation days! Oh well. Next week will be rough with going back and getting up every 2-3 hours in the night but we will power through!

Today I took pictures of Grace wearing her first dress! I was so excited to put it on her it reminded me of dressing up dolls. She is going to be fun to put clothes on I can tell already! She just has to stop peeing on them long enough for us to enjoy her outfits! She has been alot of fun to hang out with. She stays up for a couple hours at a time and just likes to sit on you and chill. She is starting to fill out a little in her face but the rest of her body is still small but she is growing lengthwise I can tell.


We didn't watch the Super Bowl this year but Larry had found the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet and it was pretty cute. We had turned it on again throughout the evening and it had a half time show that was all about kitten's and Hunter thought they were so cute! He was laughing so hard at them on Larry's lap that by the time I got the camera out he wasn't laughing as hard and he got off of Larry's lap and started dancing with the kittens cause they had music going on. I took some video of it and hopefully can get it downloaded for you all. Bummer it didn't work I will see if I can get Larry to help me with it.

That about wraps up my weekend. I should be sleeping right now since Grace is but I am getting alot of things checked off my list of things to do so I might power through the rest of the day before I have to pick up Hunter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not a "horrible mother". You are a fantastic one! You are doing what you have to do. Miss Grace knows you are her mom and loves you just the same and nothing can change that.

Glad Hunter liked the Elmo bath thingy.

You might want to keep some of Grace's smaller clothes for her dolls later. I did that for you and you just loved having such nice clothes for your dolls--especially your doll named "Jennifer" which I still have by the way.

Love,
Mom