Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hanging out on Sunday!

The kids and I hung out on Sunday. The only time we ventured out was to go to Fred Meyers for some more food for the week. I didn't venture out much today cause yesterday we did so much that doing it by yourself and loading two kids, a dog (who had to go with us everywhere) and whatever I bought in and out of the car made my wrists sore today. It was a good day today. Hunter is getting better with his terrible two's it only shows up when I am giving Grace her bottle or say no to him when he doesn't want to hear it. But we are surviving and I think he has just come to deal with his papa being in Canada. He gets to talk to him on the phone before he goes to bed so that has been nice. It makes me cry when I see Hunter listening to Lar on the phone cause you can tell Hunter is so excited to hear him even though for some reason Hunter doesn't say a word when he is on the phone with him. His eyes get really big and look like they water a little bit when he hears him. Last night when Larry was talking to him Hunter pointed to the phone and whispered Papa it was the sweetest and saddest thing. The good thing about Hunter getting phone calls from Lar before bed time is that since we have done it the last two nights Hunter has slept the whole nights through! Amen! He hasn't done this much since we brought Grace home maybe 4-5 nights total so to have 2 in a row is awesome I hope it continues! Here are so pics from today...

Hunter drawing on his aquadoodle
Grace sleeping in her big girl crib for the first time! I got her in her REM sleep that is why her eyes are halfway open! I promise she sleeps with the fully shut.Hunter playing with Grace while I folded MANY loads of laundry! I couldn't get to the laundry all week with working late at the beginning of the week and than working the whole week. I mostly do laundry on Wednesdays and the weekend. The machines were on all weekend. But I am done with the laundry. Yeah!Bath time! This is the first time I had Hunter help with Grace's bath. Mostly to give him something new to do since he had been stuck with me all weekend. We gave Grace a bath the night before so he knew what to do. I promise Grace isn't going to roll of the counter!Of course he has to play with the water! He had just finished a 45 minute bath prior or I bet you he would have climbed in that sink!Dirty girlClean girl! She has grown so much! She doesn't look like a newborn anymore! I combed her hair so that is why she looks bald. She is sticking her tongue out at you!
It was a nice weekend with the kids. It looks like Lar will probably be in Canada so I gotta get ready for the next week without him. Hunter's bday is next Monday so I am going to take him out for a Mommy and me date Saturday am to go get his birthday shoes since his feet keep growing!

1 comment:

Chris Etzel said...

Alison,

How do find time to blog, and stay so busy with the kids?

Just thinking about you guys lately, and wanted to say hi!

Chris