Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Enjoying my time with the kids
I am on day 5 of hanging out with the kids on my vacation while my in-laws are in Germany. At first it started off rocky with Hunter cause he was a bear and I had to put him in time out 2-3 times a day but the last two days I haven't at all. I think he and I are getting used to seeing each other all day every day with no breaks and we both have just come to an agreement that we will survive. I am not used to the stay at home mom thing. Don't get me wrong I would love to do it but I am the type that just has to get out and see people and help them. My house we are all sick and everyday it is different with us all. Some part of the day I feel normal than all of a sudden my nose is flowing or my ears are hurting or I am coughing. Grace is getting worse each day but she is a tropper. She is all nasally and coughs but no fever so I am hoping she gets better if not her 4 month check is this Friday so I am not to concerned yet but if she gets a fever than I am calling. She is like Hunter was/is they both feel warm all the time and feel like they have temps but they don't. Hunter has had snot in his nose as he would say for about 2 weeks with a nice hackey cough but today after his nap he woke up with a hoarse voice! It is so sad cause he is talking up a storm and repeating everything you say. Than he got a low grade temp this eve and I just hooked him up with Tylenol cause I wasn't going to wait when he gets a temp it just spikes right up to the 102's and I didn't want to deal with that so when I checked his I checked mine and I had the same so we both took our meds. Lar is sick with the same stuff but he has had sinus drainage for about a week and his throat is sore today. I tell you we are falling apart! Thank goodness I took the week of for this sickness. But bummer I can't just stay at home and sleep my cold away. I took some really cute pics of the kids today but I will post them tomorrow if I have a chance. I was sitting with Hunter at the dinner table this am and I was just watching him and thinking to my self he is so stinking cute! I was watching his eyes and his facial expression and thinking to myself that even if I think he is the most stubbornist thing ever he is mine and that is the coolest thing. He is so smart it kills me. He looked at me and just smiled and flashed his big blues at me and I thought to myself why do I make it hard on myself and him by being stressed about work, housework, and raising kids when I am messing it up and missing out on the good things and he gets the vibes from me and maybe that is why we both get grumpy at each other. So I am going to try to be better with him and understand my two year old! I took pics of him coloring with his marks (markers) today he colored for agood 45 minutes all by himself and he was singing with a kids cd that I was playing on the tv. (he doesn't like it when I sing so this is how I get him to learn his kids songs). The thing I thought was cute is that he sits so straight while he is coloring and he is totally concentrating on his work and studies the picture he doesn't stay in the lines but he keeps close to what he is coloring I took a pic to show you all. Today Grace did a few new things. She can grab toys now when you put them in front of her she reaches out and takes a hold of them (not all the time but most of the time) and puts them right in her mouth. Of course I took a pic of that to. She loves to look at Lar and will follow him wherever he goes. This evening while Hunter was taking his bath I was holding her and Lar came at her saying something, I can't remember what it was, and she started laughing! He kept doing it and she would laugh each time he did it. Of course it was making her blink than she would laugh. We got it on camera but not the beginning of it. She sounded so cute! She has a belly laugh. So I think that is all. Sorry it is so long I just needed to write it down so I wouldn't forget anything so when I read this years from now I can say I remember when! I have a few more days with my kiddos and than back to work but will see how our sickness goes and I hope everyone gets better soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think we all come to the point when we realize that housework can always wait--children grow far too fast. It seems it was just yesterday when you were two years old.
Enjoy your time with your little ones, they are a true blessing as you are!
You are a wonderful mother and I am so proud of you this Mother's Day and every Mother's Day!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment