Thursday, June 11, 2009
Food Processing!
I am going to try to not buy baby food this time with Grace. I did with Hunter cause I was just excited to use the baby food jars and containers that you buy at the store! This time since my sister in law is doing pureeing her own foods I thought I would try to be better and save some money and do the same. Don't get me wrong Lar bought a few baby food jars just in case we have a no fruit/veggie emergency. Grace's first food other than rice cereal, which she doesn't like, is bananas. I know I should start with the veggies but her doctor said to start with fruits since she gets constipated for days and she is on daily pedi-lax. My goal, hopefully, is to get off the pedi-lax and that the fruits will make her regular. Which the bananas seem to be doing since she has a BM 2 times a day now w/ meds and not one or none. So we are on the home stretch! I have been mashing her 1/2 banana in a bowl and giving it to her and it seems to work alright I can't get the chunks out. I tried our big food processor that we got for Christmas and made more of a mess than I need just for 1/2 banana. We have a small food processor that chops veggies but it has too many parts also. So! I saw on my girlfriend, Noelle's baby registry this very cool baby food processor and I had to get it! Noelle, by the way still hasn't had her baby and she was due on Saturday! Hurry baby Conwell we want to know if you are a boy or girl! Anywho, here is a pic of what I got I haven't opened it yet just in case Lar doesn't like the idea and I have to take it back. We start Peaches on Sunday very excited! Also, anyone have advice for a very novice baby pureeing mom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dollar Tree has small containers like the "Baby Cubes" for a buck for eight, I think. Got some for when Hunter paints. Grace and I can pick up some tomorrow--ok?
Foods that are easy: sweet potato (roast whole in oven at 375 for 45min; peel, purée, freeze.), avocado (mash or purée very ripe; mix it with bananas or applesauce to sweeten if she doesn't like it plain), peas (microwave frozen peas with a little water for 3minutes, then drain and purée), applesauce (buy a family sized jar, not the baby food stuff), pears (peal and purée very ripe), carrots (cook until soft).
Most kids won't eat rice cereal plain, but try mixing it with some formula and then adding bananas (or anything really) and she will like it a whole lot more.
Good luck!
I can so relate to the novelty of first-baby-baby food. Jaden was on baby cereal at 3 months, baby food at 6 months, and table food around 1 year.
But the novelty wore off by baby #2. Jerah didn't take in anything but breastmilk until 11 months, and then her first meal was real lasagna! (The doc ok'd the milk-only diet since she was growing just fine).
Baby #3 didn't have any baby food either. She nursed till 15 months and honestly I can't remember when she started eating table food. All I know is that she never touched a jar of baby food or even a bottle of formula her whole life.
hey Alison - there are many books, and even website where you can find recipes ... I've never used any, but have read over and over of them!
Post a Comment