Wednesday, July 22, 2009

2 Blogs in 1 day, Crazy

Okay I just put some pre-made cookies in the oven and now I can blog some more. We took the kids to an outdoors concert on Thursday that Oregon City does for the month of July every Thursday some band plays and you can sit on the lawn and listen for free. The kids really liked it and I was amazed that Hunter stayed right by us the whole time and when they would stop for the next song he wanted them to keep playing. This is him when we got there the music was pretty loud and he was just getting used to it.Our sweet Miss Grace sat for the first time! She was amazed at the loud music that she planted herself down and sat for a few minutes at a time. She enjoyed hanging out outside. She loves being outdoors. These pics of her is her watching them play and her first sits! Isn't she just the cutest?!
Can you tell they are siblings? From the side they look a lot alike! Grace doing her half roll. She has rolled but isn't a fan of it. She would rather stand with assistance. Thank you very much.
Hunter is doing swimming lessons but hasn't made it to all of them due to having fits of not going and every time we try to take him I have my camera ready but we haven't made it there yet. He has been a very independent, cranky 2 year old. He does try my patience daily which is bad to say but we just haven't cracked him yet of his stubbornness. He doesn't like the word no and once he gets something in his head that he wants to do and we don't let him he gets mad and throws a fit. His new thing is saying "Hunter don't like it" to everything! Drives me crazy just hearing that saying but I am trying my best. I am definitely not a perfect parent just yesterday I had to spank him in the grocery store! He wanted a gallon of OJ and we don't even drink OJ here but he threw a fit and screamed right there by the OJ for about 5 minutes and I felt bad doing it but he wasn't listening to a word I was saying and I knew that they customers around me where just appalled by him and than me doing that but he had to learn. So basically I had to drag him kicking and screaming around Fred Meyer just for OJ and making sure he didn't get his way. I am currently reading Three Cups of Tea but my next book is The Strong Willed Child, which I should have read along time ago. I just hope Grace doesn't follow his footsteps.

This weekend we went rafting to the Deschutes. We were supposed to go from Saturday to Monday but it didn't work out that way. Hunter loved going on the raft and he did half of the trip from Maupin camp to the cut off. Corey told him to put his hands up when we went to the big rapids part of the trip and he did. We are ordering a cute picture from the rafting company of him. It even has Misha in the raft. She loves to raft and knows when the big rapids are coming. She had to be in the same raft that Hunter was in though. When Hunter saw that Ma was in the other raft he said "Hunter go in that raft" so we would let him and Misha had to follow. Long story short. Dude didn't get his nap on Saturday on the way there and he didn't eat and he went to bed late. He woke up at 4am saying Hunter don't like it and wouldn't stop and he didn't like being in the tent and was wide awake. We left the camp around 8 after he probably woke up the whole camp by his screaming and going on. He fell asleep in the car with in 2 minutes of leaving camp but Lar and I were to frazzled and embarrased by then and didn't turn around. Hunter, Grace, and Misha slept the whole way home. We all took naps in the afternoon even all the animals we were just so tired. When we go again it will just be a day trip everyday we don't care about driving or using up gas we just don't want to go through that again. No pics were taken this weekend. I didn't take my camera on the raft cause I just got it for christmas and my hands were full taking care of the kids.


Here are pics from yesterday!
Grace in her jumper watching her brother outside.He was in his new tent that we got at IKEA. Yes, we spent a few bucks there the last time we went.
Grace is in her highchair finally! She wasn't liking it for some reason. I think cause she couldn't sit up straight in it. She is eating alot now. She mostly gets fruits cause of her digestive issues but she is eating peaches, banana's, avocado, peas, squash. We are branching out. I am still making them on my own but for the rafting trip we bought store bought food which was a nice change but we are going back to making it on our own except for the exception of veggies. I broke my blender making peaches the other day so I am out a blender at the moment.Here are pics from today! I am so caught up! For some reason Misha has been laying right were Grace is. One pic is from early this am and than again after lunch. Maybe it is because Grace smells like food I don't know. She does love her kids, but she seems to like Grace alot more. She even lets her pull her hair.
Also, another nice change is Hunter is not drinking bottles! Yeah! We were almost done with those than Grace was born and since she had one he didn't understand so we gave it back. We have been 2 weeks today with not bottle! We told them that they went bye bye and are gone. He was not happy the first few days but seems okay with it now and doesn't ask for it as much. He has been drinking from sippy cups forever but liked to drink his milk in the bottle. This is him getting ready to nap today. We change to comfyies when we nap.

I think one reason he wasn't going down like his easy self is because Grace was a chatter box! Here she is talking to me.And her she is right when she fell asleep! I had to take her pic because it was such a challenge to get them both down today that I had to take a deep breathe and sigh. They are still sleeping and my cookies are done. Going to make cookie ice cream sandwhichs for later. I have no more pics to share I am all caught up! Such a nice feeling. Wish us luck today that we make it to swimming!

No comments: