Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Catching up, again! aka very long blog w/ lots of pics!

I tell you that it has been hard to blog lately! I once again am behind in posting and blogging! I have this whole week off and now it is wednesday and I haven't gotten much accomplished except doing laundry everyday! I finally got both kids to sleep Hunter went down finally at 1:30pm and Grace at 1:45pm! Will see how long they sleep Grace already took a 2 hour am nap instead of her usual 1/2 hour power nap so I have no clue what will happen with this one cause this is supposed to be her long one.

Pretty sad I just had to look on my last blog to see what pic I posted last! On to July pictures~! Larry made the kids a sand box in the back yard. He used the boards from the previous flower boxes that the owner before us had. It took Hunter awhile to actually sit in it. He didn't want to get dirty. Must get that from me. He is used to playing with a sand box at daycare that they stand up for and it is more of a table sand box.


Here is Hunter being a helper. I love Grace's look. She looks like she is saying Mom can you save me!
Swimming! Grace loves to lounge in the pool! She stayed in for about 1/2 hour in this floaty just kicking back and kicking her feet and chewing on whatever we gave her. She loves the water!

This is our water boy. He also loves water. He started off with all these floaties and by the end of the pool time he was only in his life jacket having a great time!

Beware of Grace in the walker! She started walking in this at the beginning of the month and she is all over! Gotta love the hardwood floor!


My attempt at 6 month pictures of Grace. She wasn't happy with me when I was taking them so I didn't use them. I don't think I even caught a smile.

Here is what the backyard is looking like. Larry changed the retaining wall from wood to cement blocks and put the leftover dirt in that area. We haven't done alot more than putting the cement blocks around the right side or I should say Larry has. I am at a standstill with helping cause all I do is watch the kids and give ideas.

Big boy bed! Attempt #2! When I was pregnant with Grace we tried to put Hunter in this big boy bed and it didn't work. We were more excited to put him in it and we were just trying to do it to make it easier for us not Hunter. We learned a lesson by it. So 2 weeks ago we went to IKEA and got this leaf and told Hunter he could sleep under his leaf tent. It worked! He goes to sleep great and sleeps the whole night and we either have to wake him up to go to daycare or he wakes up around 7-8:30am. It is awesome! He hasn't walked out of it until today. For some reason he wasn't ready to go in it and I was trying to get Grace down and he comes walking out of his room saying Hunter okay. Which means that he hurt himself and fell out of the bed. Poor thing but all he need was kisses all over him and he was good and climbed back in bed and feel asleep. The first picture is of him sleeping that first night. I had to take a picture!

This is him on his big boy bed playing under his leaf tent the next am.

Grace was trying to get in his room when he was playing in his bed.

Grace loves his bed. This is her sleeping in his new sleeping bag that we got him that day. We were getting ready to get him prepared for camping/rafting in the next week.

This is one of the bins that I also got at IKEA for his toys but he and Lar both put them on their heads and neither one saw the other do it. My boys are crazy. Doesn't Hunter look quizzical in this picture?


Grace has moved to the big tub! She loves it cause she can splash! Hunter joined her and cleaned her hair for us. And for some reason he hasn't wanted to take baths or showers since. Not sure if it is because he knows Grace goes in it now or what. Drama I tell you! You'll notice that Hunter has black eye and forehead. He got that during 4th of July weekend. He can tell you how he did it and he will say Hunter fell Nana floor. Basically, he fell off her dining room chair and hit his head on the other hard wood dining room chair than hit the hardwood floor. He survived and all was well. Needless to say no pictures were taken of him on 4th of July. He wasn't to excited at first about the fireworks they scared him cause he wasn't ready for them and it was late at night for him. Grace liked them and fell asleep great. Misha wasn't as scared this year but wanted to stay inside the house under Hunter's crib when we had it still up. But that is an improvement for her! She wasn't shaking like a leaf this year.



So there you go! I still have more pics to post but I gotta take a break but hopefully I will be back soon!

1 comment:

Mom said...

great posts!! must be a great feeling to get caught up--I'll have to do the same...some day :-)

Mom