Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Fear!
I am amazed at how well Hunter is adjusting to Miss Grace. He still has his issues with her and tells her "No, Baby Grace that is my toy" so we are working on that one. They love to play together in Hunter's room or I should say that Grace does. You can place this little girl anywhere and put toys in front of her and if she has her core people she knows than she is happy as a clam but you walk out of her vision and she will not be happy with you. Poor Grace doesn't have a room of her own yet but in time she will but she loves playing with all of Hunter's toys she will put them in her mouth drool all over them and gag on them cause she has them to far in her mouth. She is starting to like to lift herself up more when she is on her belly. And started to make some effort to move forward! Life is alot easier now that Hunter isn't going through his terrible two's and seems more carefree about life. The only issue we are having with him is fear. For some reason for the last month he is terribly afraid of the bathroom tub drain. And this is a child who used to LOVE baths and showers and all water related things! I haven't found the true source of this fear but I think it has to do with the swimming pool at my in-laws. He totally loves to swim in it but it has a drain system on the side and we didn't want him to put his fingers in it so I think someone accidently told him he would go down the drain or something like that. Or he could have heard it on the TV or a kid. He is such a smart little guy he remembers everything! At first he will not go in the tub or let Larry or Grace go in it and would freak out if the water was turned on and he would put the drain spout up and down. It took us 4 days to finally clean this boy in the shower. He wouldn't even take showers cause of the drain. We finally got him in the shower and having fun not screaming about a week ago. How did we do it? Even though we tell him daily that he isn't going down the drain he has been loving watching Little Einsteins so we told him we would get him a Little Einstein toy if he took a shower and he was all for it. After his peaceful shower and talk about not going down the drain and him actually laying on the tub floor watching the water and bubbles going down the drain we took a smiling, clean boy to the store that night. Lar had to go to 3 stores to find a toy and finally came home with a stuffed Rocket! Hunter loves it and he has been taking showers every day since. He even lets Grace take a bath in the tub. We are progressing, yeah! He also gets scared watching some things on Seasame Street and he covers his eyes with his hands or runs to the kitchen if something scares him on Baby Einstein or Little Einstein. From what I can tell it is bugs or characters that have some quality about them that makes him scared. I feel horrible that he gets so scared of things so I hope he gets to trusting things better. His new rocket has also helped us in the sleeping department. He goes down great at night but it could take him about 30 minutes to finally fall asleep now that he has rocket he doesn't make a sound and falls asleep pretty quick! Yeah for rocket! I have so many pics to put on my blog I just haven't had any time yet maybe this thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's likely just a phase! I remember my first going through a phase of seeming to be afraid of bathing - and it was completely out of nowhere, but it passed!
Glad Lar found Rocket...Hunter really loves that toy! I was watching him singing and responding to Little Einsteins--it is amazing how he interacts with the characters!
Post a Comment