Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hunter's first trip to the dentist!

Buddy and I went to his first dentist appointment on Thursday I took him to Young Kidz Dental in Clackamas. I knew Hunter would love it cause I checked out their website and it had fishtanks, animals painted on the wall, and lots of lights! I didn't tell him he was going until that morning and of course for some reason he wanted popcorn for a morning snack and I gave him some cause I wasn't ready to fight him about it and I definitely had to brush his teeth before we went. He was pretty quiet the way there. Google Map was not my friend and got me lost and I had to find it myself but he kept saying we are at the dentist and I kept telling him nope momma has to turn around. When we finally got there he was super excited he wanted to climb the stairs, which was a flight of stairs to the next level of the building and of course the dentist was on the main floor so I told him after the dentist we could go up the stairs. He was cool with that. Can I tell you that it makes me feel so good to hold my little buddies hand and know that when he isn't certain of something that he knows I am taking care of him. I love to hold his hand! I honestly was having butterflies about this whole appointment I didn't want to do it by myself and I didn't want Larry to miss it but under the circumstances of two days before I wasn't willing to do it with Larry and I had to tell myself I could do it! We walked in the front door and he immediately went to this revolving quarter machine that had toys in it and for the life of me he was gone to the world and I had to get him back to the present cause that revolving thing was the coolest thing in the world! We checked in and went to the waiting room that had football and soccer ball chairs! He was in heaven and wasn't sure what to do he started wanting to take his shoes off and I had to tell him we need to keep them on but he could play until the dentist called his name. Here he is in the waiting room. This nice dental assistant came and called his name and was trying to talk with him but he was all about the waiting room and I had to tell him we had to go see the dentist. We went in the back and he was in paradise! He noticed the farthest fish tank in the room and made a bee line for it! He was so excited it took us a little bit to get him to come to the chair. From this moment on he was a little scared cause she wanted him to lay down and he wasn't sure what was going on. She put googles on him and I kid you not he looked just like Larry and it was even harder to deal but when he looked at me you could tell he was scared so I sat beside him and rubbed his leg the whole time and everything she wanted him to do he would look at me and make sure he was ok. It was the most enduring thing I have ever done. I did take pictures of him in the dentist chair I took them with my camera and my phone. I took better pictures of him with my phone but here is the only one I took with my camera cause I had to get back to him cause the lady was getting ready to look at his teeth
Isn't he the bravest little boy ever! Notice the fish tank in the back that isn't the one he ran to when he got to the back. He liked it when she put the sucker thing in his mouth and he wasn't very sure about the polishing but he did like looking at the light above his head. By the end of the appointment he was opening his mouth better and was listening better to the lady I think by this time he realized that she wasn't going to hurt him. Then Dr. Young came and he was a trooper with him and passed! Then the best part of his appointment was the kind lady who cleaned his teeth gave him a token and said he could choose any item in the revolving toy quarter machine! He totally forgot all about her and went straight to that and was so excited to turn the machine and he already knew which one to turn cause they had about 6 of them. He got a hamburger plastic toy and was in hog heaven. We left the clinic and he did not forget about the stairs we went up to the next level and turned around and walked back down and went to the car and he held my hand the whole time. I had an awesome time with my little buddy!

1 comment:

Mom said...

sweet! what a great memory to look back to!