Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Puke

Grace went to sleep right at 8:30pm she is my good sleeper. Hunter went to bed at 9:15pm and is laying on his floor. He wanted nice warm milk and he was hiccuping and I told him to wait to drink it after he was done hiccuping cause I didn't want him to puke. Should have been my first clue. I went to read my magazine and to drink my warm Theraflu so I could go to bed and I heard Hunter crying. Went in his room and of course he puked. All over his pillow, blanket, and his under blanket that I put under him when he sleeps on the floor. Amazingly enough he didn't get it all over him I did have to change his pj's but I didn't have to toss him in the bathtub. Thank goodness cause I really didn't feel like doing it and than that would mean he would be up even longer. As I am undressing him he is talking about his puke and how the cats puke and they need to puke in their litter box and that he needs to get new litter for his floor so he can puke on it. I tell you things kids come up with. I had to tell him no he didn't need litter and that is only for the cats and it would be great if the cats puked in the litter instead of our floor and he said yes it would and that they needed to. He said he puked because of his nice warm milk and that he probably shouldn't have nice warm milk anymore cause it makes him puke on his pillow. I said yes he probably shouldn't. So I put his puked up bedding on the washing machine it will smell very nice tomorrow but I honestly don't feel good to clean it up right now and it is too much work. He is back in his bed with a new pillow a purple blanket we are pretending to use as a pillow and a new blanket aka the blanket that lays on papa's chair. As I am walking out he asks for nice warm milk and I said didn't it make you puke and he said yes and that he wants water. Crazy boy. So we will see how long he stays up now that he has an empty belly and water to drink. Please Lord let him fall asleep fast and not stay up till 10:45pm like last night. Gotta get back to my Theraflu. Theraflu take me away! Side note...this is my 3rd puke in Hunter's room with Hunter since Larry has been in Canada since last October. I think I have had my quota on puke and think that it is Larry's turn don't you all think?! :) No one tell Grace how to puke or I am a goner. Puke doesn't bug me it is just the hassle of cleaning it and trying to get the smell to go away and to make sure you got it all. Back to my Theraflu it is calling my name...

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Oh no! It's never fun to take care of sickies when you yourself are feeling under the weather. Praying for a speedy recovery for you and for Hunter to leave his next puke for when Larry's home! We deal with a lot of puke in our house. Sebastian has been a puker since he was born, now he does it anytime he doesn't want to eat anymore, or doesn't like what's for dinner, or just because it makes people make weird faces at him. We have double sheets on the kids beds...complete sheet sets with a mattress protector. So it looks something like, mattress-mattress protector-fitted sheet-flat sheet-mattress protector-fitted sheet-flat sheet. Saves time late at night! Hope you feel better in the morning!