Saturday, May 22, 2010

I love Tamales! Especially from Trader Jo's. Grace and I went today and she would not sit in the cart I had to carry her. My poor arm. I think it was because we didn't have Hunter with us it was just a date with me and my girl. I got my Munster cheese, frozen Tamales, and new dog treats for Misha and we were set. I would have got more but between holding Grace, my big purse, and a basket of stuff my trip was quick. Now I am eating my Tamale, yummy.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Easy Calzone recipe. Dough made from PW, for the pizza. Split the batch into 6 equal parts. In a medium bowl, add 1/2 a can of Trader Joe's Tuscano Marinara,
frozen spinach (that I thawed and then pureed in the blender) and a jar of butternut squash baby food (because it's already pureed!)...then 1 cup of grated mozzarella and whatever meat you have on hand. We used a combination of turkey sausage and ham. The kids gobbled it up...probably because it's so fun to eat and Dean and I just smiled at eachother knowing that it was full of spinach and squash!!!

Jessi said...

opps...I forgot to tell you how to assemble it. Roll out 1/6 of the dough on a floured surface into a circle. Put 1/4 cup of the mixture on half and then fold it over and pinch the edges. Preheat oven to 450*. Place finished calzone's on a baking sheet, brush with a little olive oil and add a little salt and pepper to the tops. Bake at 450* for 15-18 minutes! Hope you like it!