Sunday, May 30, 2010

me.

I am trying to make me feel beautiful. I stopped trying in the past and didn't keep up with how I looked, not sure why not but that is the past and it is time for change, right? Today, I got my haircut. I have been trying to grow my hair long since last August. There was a reason I was but I am still doing it for that reason and I want to see how long I can get it this August. I also got my eyebrows waxed today. I haven't done this in years don't remember when not sure why I have grown them to earworms length but I did. I am working on me. I bought nail envy last week for my nails and trying to make them look nice and pretty. Going to try to wear makeup. Why not. My excuse is no time which is true but I am tired of looking at the bags under my eyes and everyone else probably is to. I am going to use my stash of makeup should buy new kind but gonna save and use what I got first. Going to try to keep my teeth whitened going to get into my teeth whitening stuff and if it is too old and expired than maybe check into how much it costs and save up for that. Been using lotions more trying to take the time to sit down and put it on with kids running around me only in diapers or underware why not they like to run around half naked anyways. So that is basically it gonna try to make myself feel beautiful and see how that works. Gotta work on me to be an example to the kids that they need to be comfortable with who they are and that has been a big problem for me. Not anymore going to try to make an effort to make me feel and look beautiful. Going to even make an effort to do yoga. Going to try to save money to take photo classes to feel like I can accomplish something I like and finish something. I hate pictures taken of me but I asked my mom to today with me and the kids. Here they are. Wish one person was in them but at least I am since I never really was cause I was taking the picture or didn't want to be taken a picture of but I am trying to be better. I really don't consider this a family picture just a picture of me and my kids. Enjoy these pics of me learning and working towards feeling beautiful by working on me and what makes me feel beautiful inside and out. :)

PS...I don't look great cause neither child nor myself wanted to sit still for these pictures that is why we aren't the best looking. Forced photos aren't for me and the kids but at least I tried. Hunter and I are both scowling in the picture of us. Nice. Grace wasn't going to sit still for the life of her.

2 comments:

Mom said...

you look beautiful in these photos! I am glad that you are spending some time on you...you need that! It makes you feel good and that is what you need right now!

we enjoyed being with you and kids yesterday...enjoy today!

love, Mom & Wayne

The Elliotts said...

Al, you look fantastic! You are beautiful on the inside and out. But you know what, you're right. I have days where I don't do anything including taking a shower, shaving my legs, maintaining my eyebrows, etc. and on those days I feel worse about myself. And on the days where I care a little more on the details, it makes a difference in my posture and how I flow through the day, with a little more rhythm. :-) So great job...you will have more confidence!! We love you no matter what!