Saturday, May 29, 2010

names

I am bored. Hunter isn't asleep yet and I can't read my book in the living room until he is asleep. So I thought why not share with you how the kiddos got their nicknames. I am into nicknames and I have given alot of my friends and family nicknames in the past but slowed down on them in the last few years. Not sure why just did. Anywho, the kiddos. Hunter got Hunter Bear from his Aunt Lindsey she has called him that since I think his birth. I think she started calling him her little bear and than she came up with Hunter Bear and it kinda stuck. So I didn't come up with that one. I still call him it everyonce in awhile especially if I keep getting on his case and keep calling him Hunter Thomas all day long cause he isn't listening or obeying I try to put it in there just for his sanity and mine. I have also called him Buddy since he was born and so does alot of the family. It just seems to fit any little boy I even call Nate that and almost every little boy that I have to give shots to or little guys that aren't happy at the clinic.

I gave Grace the name mouse. Not sure when but I think it was when she was born maybe even one of the days that it was just her and I in the hospital. She was so tiny when she was born that she looked like a tiny little mouse cause her head was full of black/brown hair and she had side burns to her cheeks and she was so small like a mouse. I guess I could have called her anything cause she was so small but mouse just fit. Some family calls her that to but mostly she gets called Gracie. I call her Grace more than Gracie not sure why but I do. But I call her mouse alot.

So there you go. The way my kids got their nicknames. Hunter is still awake so this is going to be a long night.

No comments: