Saturday, May 29, 2010

pigs

This morning the kids and I went and saw Riley and Spencer's pigs. They were showing them at the fair and we went and saw them and pigs, sheep, and cows. They had a great time. They held on to my hands like pros and listened and obeyed pretty well. I was impressed. Grace had never wore rain boots before and she was wearing Hunter's old ones and they were way to big on her so she walked alittle slower but she told me "I walk" and so I let her. Hunter had a blast! He wasn't sure about the animals at first but kept wanting to go see the pigs when we were seeing the other animals. He didn't want to touch them or go in their pins he was fine just looking at them. His eyes were huge and he wasn't missing a thing. He kept wanting to find Riley and Spencer when we went to look at the rest of the animals I think it was because he wanted to see the pigs. Now Grace is another story. She also was a pro but the pigs kinda scared her. They were almost as tall as her and they were noisy and screaming at some point. She was fine being held and being above the pigs and would say pig when asked what they were. We lost her boot at one point but found it and she didn't go far from Hunter and I. When we went to see the sheep and cows she knew what they were and was making their sounds. I of course was helping her with them. We went back to the pigs and I was trying to take their picture but I think Grace thought I was leaving her with the pigs cause I had to stand back to take her picture so she started crying. At one point we had stopped to look at a very, big black and white pig and he came up to the fence and Grace was watching him and all of a sudden he sneezed and she jumped and had a major melt down cause it scared her. She was done with the pigs. We went and found Riley and Spencer at the pig show ring and said goodbye. Grace found a small puddle and started splashing a first for her cause normally when I take Hunter and her for a walk for him to go jump in puddles she is in the stroller. Not this time. She knew exactly what to do. There was this huge puddle that Hunter went to and had a blast and I just let Grace go in it to. Yep, she fell down on her butt got all wet and Hunter splashed so much that both kids were soaked from the puddle but I knew I had a change of clothes in the car. I didn't think they would be drowned rats so we went and saw Pa and he let the kids use his shower and bath and they were happy, clean kiddos. Here are some pics and you can tell who enjoyed the pigs and who didn't. :) Every picture Grace is not happy and that is why her head is down.

Don't they look so cute in their raincoats, rainboots, and hats?! To bad all of those items have to washed because of puddle fun! Oh well kids will be kids.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Poor Miss Grace...you never warmed up to pigs either! Sounds like it was a great adventure!