Sunday, June 20, 2010

books

The last few days driving in my car with the kids has been anything but fun. Hunter's new thing is not liking anything and doesn't like Grace doing anything. He doesn't want her happy music on he doesn't want her to be sleeping and so on. Enough to make me want to scream in the car. Today was the worst. So I don't know when I thought of it today but we have way too many books in the bookshelf and I took all the toys out of the car and stacked books in between the carseats alot of their favorites. Gave them each a book and it was Heaven going to Target tonight for milk. Both were reading and getting new books from between them even Hunter shared a book and gave it to Grace and Grace sang to her happy music while reading a book. It was very cute to hear them point and read their books and I would ask them if they see such a such since I have read every book to them I don't know how many times. Alittle bit of Heaven back in my car. I hope it lasts.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Our kids love books in the car too! I add a few every week to keep the mix intersteing. Thankfully they both have books that each of them only like, so they rarely fight...but then there are those times when my car is less than peaceful and it's a wonder I haven't gotten an a car accident before!