I went to a free 1 hour coupon class tonight at the Canby Public Library. It was awesome. Learned alot and I am excited to start saving money on brand name products! The lady that taught the class was so real and excited and a mother of 4. Here is her website www.FrugalLivingNW.com and she posts coupon deals on there so you don't have to spend hours looking for good deals. This is what I learned from the class. To budget for your family do $100 per big/adult person in your family per month, $75 dollars on a child per month, and $50 on a baby per month. And this is for food and household items for them. The goal of couponing is to get name brand for equal or cheaper than Winco or Walmart. Those printable coupons you get at Fred Meyers or other stores you can use them at anyplace if they say Manufacture coupon on them even if it has Fred Meyers on the right hand side. Safeway especially will honor these! Stockpile your pantry with things you need in bulk with your coupon savings with double coupons and than you will be able to spend more on everyday items. Once a year buy the condiments and baking items cause they are on sale for very cheap once a year if you stock up on them at those sales than you should be good for a year. I learned so much more I would recommend going to her website and going to the classes section and seeing when her next class is it is worth it. You never know you might save alot at the register the next time you go to the store. If you do save alot let me know I would love to hear about your savings! If you save than you can spend on other things in your life like buying organic food or buying more clothes for you and your family.
I also got the book...Be thrifty. How to live better with less. Going to start reading that one soon. Can you tell that I am on budget, survive through this all and super momma mode? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment