First off a friend gave me a copy of Colbie Caillat CD! I love it! Thank you dear friend!
Second, I wore my new make up today and put it on in stages because of the kiddos. Put on my powder blush at home and at a stop light put on the light shade on my eyes and before I got into work I put the rest of the eye make up on. Felt very pretty. My poor hair didn't get alot of love cause I was trying to just do makeup. Baby steps and I got to get up early and try to figure out how to keep the kids from wanting my attention and getting them and myself ready in the 1/2 hour that I have. I didn't fall asleep until after midnight last night so I didn't want to get up.
Third, I need help with suggestions for teaching Hunter to listen and obey. I am having a big struggle with him with this. On top of everything that him and I are learning together with Grace watching I am just not doing this right. I tried time out I tried taking stuff away I tried spanking I tried spanking with a spoon (the worst I know) but I don't know what else to do. He has the worst temper and no patience and does not listen and wants it his way and I am so tired of him not listening to me and alot of things lately being a war even dinner at night even walking through the door cause he didn't want to go home yet. So since I don't know what I am doing I am so up for suggestions or books that anyone recommends. I have tried giving him quarters for being nice to Grace and Kramer and not screaming and that worked for a few days but not anymore. I have read Dare to Discipline and a parenting book by 2 authors but I can't remember the name but I am almost toast with the meltdowns Hunter has from just not listening and obeying and I know it is his age and what is going on around him and my emotions on top of it which I am getting better at hiding but I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions for me on how to get him to listen and obey? If I don't get him figured out his little sister is just around the corner and watching and I want to make sure I do this right.
1 comment:
I've read a lot of parenting books...but by far the greatest one is called Loving Our Kids on Purpose by Danny Silk. He's the children's pastor at a church in Redding, CA called Bethel Church. His advice is practical, sound of best of all Christ centered. Easy to read and easy to follow through with. You could probably find it in the religious section at Borders or at a Christian book store...definately changed the way we parent and discipline our kids!
Post a Comment