Sunday, August 1, 2010

new look

I am obsessing about curtains! I got some today and I think they are going up later today! So excited! So here is my new look of the living room before the curtains!
Here is my new table. It used to be a big farm, square type table that seated 6 and I went and got a small round table. It actually works out better and the kids seem to like it cause they are right by you when you eat with them. The flowers are from our front yard. The rug underneath I took out of the house today. It was driving me crazy. We have had it for years and it gets so much animal hair on it and playdoh that when I vaccum it it takes forever. So it went out the door to the shed. Here is the room the way it looks right now minus the rug!
Here is another view of the room. I even mopped the floors today while the kids were sleeping. See Kramer on the chair? He likes it without the rug underneath :)
Here is a picture of the new computer area. The computer usually is on the right side of the table but when Larry skypes us we have to move it to the middle cause the cord is too small. The table is an old table of mine before I met Larry when I lived in my apartment. Love the purple curtains!
Here is a painting that my mom painted for me. I moved it to another wall. The shelf is a free item I got from Davies Clinic. They used it to put pamplets on it. Love it!
Here is my very curly hair girl! Aren't her curls so pretty?!
This is my new framed wall. I had it full of frames and took them down and puttyed the holes and put fresh paint on it with new frames from Ikea. They are so cheap and I love them! I am thinking of painting this one wall red so the white frames pop out more.
Here is my new star that I bought yesterday! So excited about it! It only cost $8.98! I got it at a store in the OC called Real Deals Home Decor. Love that store it was my first time in it and I loved it! But I had my kiddos with me and I learned they can't go with me there again. They wanted to touch everything and I about had a heart attack cause I didn't want them to break anything. The store is over by Home Depot and they have great things to put on your wall!
I love this! It is a shelf that I got for free at Dr. D's house. I got to go to his house during a week day on working hours and help Linda take stuff to a huge garage sale at Hope Village and she needed help taking stuff there. So I got to see what they were giving away and if I wanted it I could take it! So the shelf became mine. I am looking for some hanging words that say welcome on it to hang on the pegs and then I should be done. The candle holder was free got that from Annie and I put my fake candle that has a timer in it and it turns on at 7pm and I have no clue what time it turns off probably midnight. I bought the frame for cheap and put pics of the kids and Misha on it. The Ansel Adams pic is from when I lived in my apartment.
Kiddos checking out the flowers I had just put them on the table.I will post pics later of what the living room looks like with curtains if they go up!

4 comments:

Mom said...

love the new look!!!

Jessi said...

I love the metal star, I've been wanting a huge one for our entry way, but can't seem to fork over the $50 for it! I should have visited that decor shop when I was home! Can't wait to see the pics with the new curtains and I love Grace's long curly locks! The waterpark, btw from my blog is the one in Wilsonville, behind Lambs Thriftway...there's two I guess, one by the library and this one. We love to visit it when we're home!

The Elliotts said...

Al, everything looks awesome! You are a great decorator! Good job! :-)

Unknown said...

I wanna know more about the fake candle that has a timer - that sounds really cool!