Sunday, August 15, 2010

RED!

I am not a patient person. I bought "barn red" paint yesterday and had to put it on today! I started right after I put the kiddos down for their naps and Grace crashed and Hunter was talking in his bed and went to sleep after about 10 minutes. I turned off the AC and opened up the doors and windows! This was probably not the right day to do this but I was getting ready to paint! I had to recruit my mom and wayne to help with the kiddos after they woke up and once mom and Wayne got here both kids amazingly woke up at the same time. Hunter wanted to stay home with me he gets in a funk and just doesn't want to go anywhere but Grace was all for leaving with them. So the wall took me about 3 hours or less to do! Pretty good for my first time painting all by myself! I chose the color, put up the tape...Wayne helped to.. and I painted it all. Yes I have to touch up all the sides and yes my pics still have the blue tape on the sides but I took it off tonight and now I have to take a few days to finish up the touch up. I love my new red wall! Larry likes it to I texted him a pic he went back to Canada today. Maybe that is why I wanted to get this project started it gave me something to do. (my next project is to get scratch protectors for the shoe rack and moving the rug out from under it so it just will have the wood shelf.)
Here it is! If you don't remember what it looked like before read the last post. The paint dryed up very quick because I had the doors and windows open cause of the smell and it was such a hot day. When Grace came back with my mom I closed up the house because it had gotten up to 85 degrees. The smell of the recycled paint wasn't too horrible, yes you could tell it wasn't the same ole paint smell but for only being a little over $10 it did a great job. Don't you love my floor cleaners? Yes, I still need to clean my floor but I keep looking at my new red wall. Love it. Anne gave me the idea to paint it cause my previous wall color was blending into my new white frames. So I came up with red for my wall color. Love, love, love it.
I have found I love to decorate walls and take pictures and make something out of them. Maybe I can put it to good use sometime :) I got projects in the works :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Looks BEAUTIFUL! Great pic of the livingroon and your little helpers!

The Elliotts said...

Wow Al it looks so rich! Great job! I can't wait to see everything in person sometime!