Sunday, September 26, 2010

fish tank wall

I think I tackled the fish tank wall and it might be complete. It isn't my best but I used what I had and I bought some things for it and used some gift cards on it. I didn't have the greatest lighting to take a picture of it so I will try for it tomorrow, but I am still looking at it and seeing what I think. I like it but I am not sure if I love it. I think I might have to swap some pictures out of a frame and than I will love it. I still have one part of the wall to finish which is the section by the fish tank and the couch but I hope to get a new couch next year so I am working with that in my head and plans. Just wanted you to know I think I got it done as much as I am going to tackle with it!

I also made freezer jam today. I think this is the first time I have. I can't remember what kind we made in 4H but I made some cause I remember taking it to compete with at 4H during the fair. The kids helped me. They washed the strawberries. They were good helpers and only fought for a few minutes over the water. Gotta love them!

I got alot accomplished this weekend! I even put shoe organizers in my closet and nailed one to the wall since they didn't come with the hooks that went on the door. I had bought a shoe organizer to go over a door and it didn't have the metal hooks and I almost threw it in the trash because I was so frustrated that they forgot to put them in the package that I just improvised and put nails in the holes and nailed it to one side of my closet. It works perfect and looks great you can't even see it.

I read My sister's keeper and finished it a couple weeks ago and cried my eyes out. I netflixed the movie but I haven't watched it yet. Was going to this weekend but I know I will cry so I got another book by the author and I am 2 chapters in and I am sucked in. Thanks Tracy for the book I loved it.

Night everyone.

2 comments:

Mom said...

it was strawberry freezer jam and it was yummmo...moms remember things like that :-)

Anonymous said...

I cried at the movie too! It's different from the book so be prepared. :)

Tracy