Friday, December 17, 2010
Stitches!
I never would have thought it would be Grace who gets stitches first! Last night she got to get 5 stitches under her chin :( Both kids are getting snotty noses and when they had their bath I put in Eucalyptus oil to help open their sinuses, which we have done a lot the last couple of months. Well Hunter got out and was brushing his teeth and Grace was coming out but I didn't get to her quick enough cause I usually lift her out and she slipt on the tub and landed on her chin on the side of the porcelain tub before falling to the bottom. There was hardly any blood and she was more stunned I think than hurt. I put her pj's on and told her she had to go the hospital cause her cut was smiling at me so I wasn't sure if they could just glue her or if she needed stitches. She kept saying I gotta go to the hospital when we were in the car going up the hill. Then she was more twitter patted about her crocks not fitting over her footed pj's like I said it didn't even phase her that she cut her chin. My mom came and got Hunter and so it was just Grace and I. I thought it would go quick but it took us awhile because the doctor wanted to use lotion lidocaine and wait 30 minutes for it to work and than he wanted to have her drink some meds to make her loopy. Well I told him she has a gag reflex and I didn't realize how bad it was going to turn out for her. I gave her the meds and she instantly did not like the taste which made her puke and she said she didn't like it and then when she was done we forced the rest down her but it wasn't enough for the doctor and so we forced more down her and she was not happy at all and puked again. She did get some in her cause she was pretty loopy. I told the doctor to just do the stitches and get it over with. She was pretty fun on the way home she was herself but very loopy but in control of her environment and didn't want anything to change she had to watch a whole Dora and sit in her spot on the couch before she would go to bed. She didn't want to go in her crib she wanted in her big girl bed so I let her. That lasted a few hours and she tossed and turned so much that for my piece of mind I put her back in her crib. Today, she doesn't even remember her chin has an owie on it and I haven't reminded her cause I just know she is going to pick at it or mess with the stitches. My baby girl is one stubborn trooper she made me very proud for what she had to go through at the ER. She even said goodbye to the nurse and doctor. She is such a good girl. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment