Thursday, January 5, 2012

:: my hockey boy ::

My favorite sport is hockey. When Larry and I dated he would take me to Winterhawks games and I loved them! My favorite player is the goalie. I like how the goalie scratches up his goal space and hunkers down for the game. Who would have known that Hunter would love hockey as much as me :) Him and I started watching hockey the end of last years season when the Boston Bruins played for the Stanley Cup with Vancouver Canucks. We were cheering for the Canucks cause Larry was in Canada so much and they seemed to be doing good. Grace was routing for Boston and stuck with them through the end and they won the Stanley Cup. Hunter would get so upset when the Canucks lost but now he is better when the team he picks loses. Now we are still fans of the Canucks they are the Canada team we cheer for and we love Boston Bruins and Tim Thomas, the goalie, is our fav both Hunter and I. We like the goalie Schneider better then Lingo or however you spell his name on the Canucks. We like Pittsburg Penguins cause they are my fav animal and they are yellow or were yellow and we like the goalie Fleury. But we are big, big fans of the Canucks we know alot of the teams guys names but Boston is so close to our fav just because of Tim Thomas and now Rase the other goalie. But back to my hockey boy. I used a couple of groupons and took Hunter to some Winterhawk games this last year and he loved them and now he is so into hockey it is crazy! He can tell you so much about each team and who is the Captain and he knows all the teams names and logo's. Seriously, he knows more then me! So of course he wants to be a hockey player! Yeah! I told him the first step is learning how to skate so we have put him in lessons and the first time he went he didn't listen very well because I had taken him to the skating rink just him and I and skated with him and told him all the stuff about hockey on the ice that he was all about telling his teachers about it and he didn't want to let go of the side of the rink. But after a couple of lessons he is doing awesome! He has fun, he smiles, he laughs, and falls all the time on the ice during his class but you can tell he is so wanting to be a hockey player and is enjoying learning how to skate! He has improved so much since his first lesson he listens to his teachers and does what they say and doesn't hold their hands at all! My mom and Wayne got him a Winterhawks jersey and some hockey sticks and he practices in the living room all the time! My poor walls they will be dented for sure! Here are pictures my mom took of him when she was watching him for me and he looks so grown up and so happy to be a hockey player :) Makes me so proud!



This picture makes me cry cause last week he told me he doesn't want to be the hockey player that makes goals cause that makes him tired but he wants to be a goalie! That would be awesome cause maybe he will not get hurt so much and will keep his teeth! But whatever he does I will be happy! And he doesn't have to play hockey either but I think that he will cause he loves, loves, loves it!

No comments: