Buddy and I went to see the Portland Winterhawks play last Saturday. I used a groupon and I have another one for later this month and we are going to try to take Grace to a game for the first time! Will see how it goes. If Larry is not home I am just going to not take her but if he is we are going to go for the first time the 4 of us! But back to the game this was the first time I went that I wasn't 100% feeling well and there was a Blazer game so the parking garages were full and I had to pay for street parking and we were late for the game we made it when they were singing the anthems. Then at the end of the game had a parking ticket because when I was trying to park in the hardest spot ever and everyone around me was yelling at each other I forgot to put my parking pass in the dash. Ugh. It was a good game but this was the first time they lost during a game we watched. In the last 40 seconds of a tie game the other team scored and Buddy was so bummed he cried and was so upset. It was a good learning experience for him but let me tell you as a parent it was embarrassing and with not feeling good on top of it I wasn't very sympathetic for him. But after awhile he was better. I took pictures of the game because Hunter wants a hockey birthday party and I was going to make cute postcards invitations from the pictures I took at this game but it didn't work out I should have taken my big ole camera but didn't want to carry it all around. In the end I just used Snapfish to make his invites and I still can't believe he will be 5 in less then a month. Time sure does fly. Grace had cute homemade birthday invite cards but for some reason it is easier to make them for her then Hunter; it must be because of all the pink. And my lovely Grace just amazes me with her vocabulary and her brain I think she will be smarter then her smart brother. She loves to do his Preschool books and I can't get her to slow down for anything when it comes to learning, memorizing, and soaking it all in. Saturday, February 11, 2012
:: the first loss ::
Buddy and I went to see the Portland Winterhawks play last Saturday. I used a groupon and I have another one for later this month and we are going to try to take Grace to a game for the first time! Will see how it goes. If Larry is not home I am just going to not take her but if he is we are going to go for the first time the 4 of us! But back to the game this was the first time I went that I wasn't 100% feeling well and there was a Blazer game so the parking garages were full and I had to pay for street parking and we were late for the game we made it when they were singing the anthems. Then at the end of the game had a parking ticket because when I was trying to park in the hardest spot ever and everyone around me was yelling at each other I forgot to put my parking pass in the dash. Ugh. It was a good game but this was the first time they lost during a game we watched. In the last 40 seconds of a tie game the other team scored and Buddy was so bummed he cried and was so upset. It was a good learning experience for him but let me tell you as a parent it was embarrassing and with not feeling good on top of it I wasn't very sympathetic for him. But after awhile he was better. I took pictures of the game because Hunter wants a hockey birthday party and I was going to make cute postcards invitations from the pictures I took at this game but it didn't work out I should have taken my big ole camera but didn't want to carry it all around. In the end I just used Snapfish to make his invites and I still can't believe he will be 5 in less then a month. Time sure does fly. Grace had cute homemade birthday invite cards but for some reason it is easier to make them for her then Hunter; it must be because of all the pink. And my lovely Grace just amazes me with her vocabulary and her brain I think she will be smarter then her smart brother. She loves to do his Preschool books and I can't get her to slow down for anything when it comes to learning, memorizing, and soaking it all in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Grace is soaking it all up cos she is getting ready for school in September! Let me know if you need us to babysit for the next game. Love,mom
Post a Comment