Sunday, June 10, 2012

:: mama got a van ::

I am so excited I finally got my new van!  I have been waiting and paying off debt for it for almost a year!  I know mini van's get a bad rap but when you have a jeep and and a small car you need something to haul your kids, their friends, and go camping with out getting frustrated with no space in your car for all the stuff you need.  So we decided to get a mini van since we cannot afford a SUV they are too expensive and the gas would kill us.  We are doing so good with our debt and we still have some and we have been so smart with our spending that we made sure that this big purchase was the right one and we didn't get tempted with going over our budget at the car dealership and we succeeded!  I got a 2011 Chrystler Town and Country minivan.  I was going to get a Honda Odyssey but the rental van I had when my car can dented was this the Chrystler I loved it and it just happened to be the minivan we got.  I love it and Grace finally warmed up to it she didn't like it cause it wasn't white and the rental van was white and she knew I wanted a white van and it is charcoal gray.  The best part of buying this van was when the car dealership showed Larry and I our seperate credit scores!  We were up to 498 and 490!  This is amazing cause we were probably in the 200's when before Hunter was born!  I think in total we have paid off over $40,000 dollars in the last 3 years or we are closed to it.  Embarrasing to say but just know Larry and I are alot smarter now and hope to continue to be.  So I love my van and yes it is another debt but it is a do-able debt and it is something we needed to get and the kids love it! 

Larry and I went to a movie!  I think we haven't been to one just the two of us since Hunter was born.  Sad, but true.  We saw Snow White and the Huntsman.  It was good but I kept thinking Larry thought it was cheesy in certain parts so I didn't think it was as good as it could be but he said it was fine and I agreed with him.  It was good to go out with him and do more then have dinner.  We stayed out late but it was fun.

I got so much done this weekend!  It helps that Larry was here to get some things checked off my list!  I still have alot more projects to get done but I finally ordered new blinds for my kitchen window!  They are going to be ones that cover half the window and I am going to have the blinds on the bottom and the sunlight shining through the top.  Lucy has ruined my last 3 blinds by sticking her head threw them and making a hole on the side.  She will not be able to do that with these new ones! 

The whompers are good.  They have been at each other's throats lately and Grace hasn't taken a nap all weekend expect when she gets in the car but she is a grump either way.  Gotta figure out what to do there.  Hunter did great at skating and his new friend David is so into talking to him it is so cool!  I looked into getting Grace dancing lessons at Hunter's skating rink but she said no she wants to be a ballerina so I tried.  I am still going to get her signed up at the OC down the street. 
I didn't take any pictures of us this week I gotta get my camera out!  :)

No comments: