First off I love my kiddos more then life so I hope this post doesn't sound like I don't it isn't meant to be. I am just showing you that my whomps are not perfect and I am trying to make them better little people as best as I know how :)
The last month that Larry was gone he could hear how the kids were acting grumpy and not listening when he would call when he was away and how much I really don't get to sit down and enjoy being a mom cause they always want something as soon as I sit down with them. They are great whompers but the last couple of months they have been trying me like no other and when I say no they both question it with the word why everytime and it drives me crazy to have to explain myself all the time. They also have been at each other more to. Testing each other is there new thing. So when Larry was home he got to experience it all with how they are with me and how they are with just him because when he is home he can have them the whole time I am at work if he doesn't have dentist or doctor's appointments and he came up with a plan. Need to get them in shape and start listening, obeying, and do what they are told. It is kinda frustrating that he had to lay down the law but he is the alpha dog and I am just glad he got to see what I go through when he is gone and how frustrating it is when you have two littles breaking you down when all you want them to do is listen and obey and not to question everything.
So now we have a star chart that Larry made that they have to earn 40 points a day each of them for listening, going to bed good, brushing teeth, chores, not wetting the bed (Hunter does on occasion if he gets too much at night to drink), and eating dinner. They have to earn a total between the two of them of 80,000 points in order to earn an Ipad for both of them to share and we get as a family. This is big for them because we do not have one, but other family members have them or Kindles. They love them, but Larry and I have Iphones so we didn't think we needed to have one but if it gets them to learn how to respect me and Larry more and do what they are told then they deserve it! From what we figured out it will be around November or December when they get one. Pretty much if it isn't the kids birthday's if they want something that is a toy or game they have to earn it. Mean I know but they don't need everything they think they need and if they really need it I am not going to buy it unless they earn it that is where we are at in our budgeting mode of life. Alot of my issues with Grace is she thinks if we go to the store she gets something for her and I don't play that way and I will go through the cash registers with her crying to show her that when I say no I mean it. It isn't fun but sometimes I have to be smart and show her that something else she wants is more important then the thing she just saw at the store and just go with the flow. So will see how the star chart goes! So far I am on night 2 of the doing it and the kids have gone to bed excellent and that was my big issue was having to deal with them and not getting any down time. So just to give you a heads up Hunter is at 234 and Grace is at 184. Can you tell who might not have got her stars for going to bed good? :)
1 comment:
It is a great idea! And there is no doubt you love both of them more than life itself. You and Larry are disciplining out of love and they will respect and love you for that, you are teaching them some important lessons that will help them in the future.
Post a Comment