Sunday, June 3, 2012

:: multnomah falls and the fish hatchery

After such a productive day for me yesterday it was hard for me to get into cleaning the house today when I woke up.  So the kiddos and I did what I was planning on doing last weekend and go to Multnomah Falls!  I tried to go last Sunday and we did our errands and I got the kids a drive thru lunch meal and we were on our way down the highway and Grace spilt her milk on her and she was done.  She hates to get wet and she got her blue blanket wet and she was a wreck and wanted to go home so we did.  So today we went to the Falls!  Here is my crazy whompers in the front of the first falls. 
 Then I asked a nice lady to take our picture since I don't have alot of me pictures cause I am not a fan of the camera.  She felt bad that she didn't get the whole falls but I was totally fine with it. 
 Then the whomps and I went to the middle bridge and Misha did awesome!  She didn't try to sniff every person on the trail.  Only one small dog came up to her at the beginning and jumped on her face and she wasn't happy about it so she wasn't a fan of any other dog and just let them pass her.  The kids wanted to go farther then the bridge but my nerves were not up for it and told them when Papa is home then we would. 

Here they are looking for fish and they can't go in the water or throw anything in it.  So while I am taking this picture Misha jumps in to drink some water and I can't get her out cause she is drinking like mad.  The sign said nothing goes in the water and here my dog is!  Argh!
 So the only way I could get the whomps happy about not going up the trail passed the bridge at the Falls it to tell them I would take them to see the fishes again!  They were so for that!  We went to the fish hatchery!  They love it there!  We saw Herman the huge 70 year old sturgeon he is still alive and swimming but there was one sturgeon in the pond that I was wondering if it was it didn't move and was on the bottom of the tank.  We took Misha for a walk around the hatchery and she had a blast and now her back leg is limping hopefully it is just old age getting her and she didn't hurt it or maybe it is a dew claw bugging her.  We had a great time today and it was nice to get out of the house for a few hours! 
And yes Grace is wearing shorts with leggings.  She wanted to wear shorts and I said yes if she wore her leggings and she was all for it.  No drama getting her dressed today!  Buddy loves to wear shorts and she is trying to be like him I am pretty sure and that is why she wanted to wear shorts.  :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Love the pics--sounds like you guys had a blast! and Misha had a good time too even if she broke the rules :)

Lori said...

Three cheers for an awesome adventure! I love the picture of your critters following the rules by the water. They are adorable :)