Saturday, June 2, 2012

:: stanley cup finals ::

It is Stanley Cup Final time in hockey and neither team did we root for to be in the final.  But Hunter and I are hoping LA Kings win cause we like the goailie (Quick) and Grace is wanting the NJ Devils to win.  This is what happened last year.  Hunter and I wanted the same team (Canucks) and Grace choose Boston Bruins and her team won!  Well Game 2 was tonight and once again the Kings won in OT 2-1 the same score and OT in the first game!  Will see if this year the team Buddy and I picked wins! 

Hunter started Basic 1 skating lessons today with a new class from the beginning.  And this is a class for 6-8 year olds and he is only 5 but just as tall as the other kids!  Last month I put him in the end of the last session in Basic 1 in the last 2 classes and he was out of his element cause all the kids were up to speed with new things and he had to keep up with them but he did great he was listening to the teachers and that is big!  He was being challenged instead of being bored in the Snow plow Sam class for kids under 5.  Which I was so glad for!  He needed guidance, to be challenged and to get closer to his goal of putting a hockey stick in his hands; which he so wants to do on the ice arena!  So his new class in Basic 1 was today!  Today with fresh kids that were learning to skate he fit in well with and he had his favorite guy teacher was teaching his class and Hunter did awesome!  He didn't fall as much maybe 7 times instead of what seemed like 20 the last 2 sessions.  He listened to his teachers so much better and when Bill, the teacher he likes, told him to do his favorite thing he learned today and show them all by himself to the other side of the ice he swiffled the whole thing!  And swiffles are not his fav and he did them like a rock star and didn't fall once!  He even made a friend named David at the end!  He never talks to any of the kids and this kid came up to him when the lesson was done and Hunter was getting his gear off and said Hi Hunter!  I love that I put his name on his jersey! So this brave 7 year old came and sat across from us like he wanted to hang out with my Buddy and said Hi Hunter!  Guess what my Buddy was so happy and said Hi and I told him to ask what his name was and we learned it was David and Hunter took it from there!  Hunter wanted to play with him right away and do fun things with him.  I think him and David will be great little buddies in this class cause this is the first time he has talked with a kid in one of his classes!  So excited for him cause David wants to be a Portland Winterhawk too!  My Buddy isn't that social but he is making good strides lately.  :)

And by the way I mowed today!  It makes me feel like shewoman that I did it!  I tackled so many goals to today it is crazy!  House is clean and outdoors looks good!  What am I going to do tomorrow?  Probably more housework and more work outside!  I am going to feel it tomorrow cause the lawn mower gave me my work for my money today it kept dying on me and I texted Larry that if I died at least he knew that it was the mower that killed me.  I felt such an accomplishment when I finished the grass and I had won!  :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

So happy for the lil guy! I knew he would do better with a fresh class. And he made a friend who wants to be a Hawk--that is so awesome! You are superwoman--you got the lawn mowed ontop of everything else!!! love ya, Mom