Wednesday, June 13, 2012

:: sitting on the couch ::

 Tonight I was sitting on the couch with my whompers before they went to bed and they were watching their last cartoon and I just watched them and looked at them in Ah and thought wow. I am so amazed that God gave me these little people to be their mama and I can't believe how big they have gotten!  Do you want to learn a little bit about them?

 My Hunter...
From birth we have called him Buddy.  I think I was the first one that called him that (I could be wrong) and the name has stuck from there.  His Aunt Lindsey called him Hunter Bear when he was a baby and I still call him that sometimes.  He is so smart it is crazy.  He can count to 100, he can add, he can mutiply, he can read, he can remember so much it is crazy.  His new thing is soaking in all he can about the US and the world.  One of his favorite cartoons is Wild Kratts and he learns so much about animals and soaks it in.  He loves computer games and we try to make it learning games and he soaks up anything he learns from it.  He loves hockey and loves to skate and wants to be a hockey player.  He in the last couple of months shows no fear to other kids and introduces himself and wants to know the other kids name and how old they are.  He is so tall for his age and he is this gentle giant. He will make sure his sister is taken care of in any new situation for her.  He will color my favorite color and his sister's favorite color in any school project before his favorite color.  He is always thinking of me and in his sister in all he does, no lie.  I think his favorite person in his life is his Papa cause his Papa shows him new and exciting things   Don't get me wrong Grace and I come first in his life because we are with him always but his Papa just has this spot that only Papa can fill.  Hunter is very sensative like me and can get hurt so easily but can give the best snuggles when he knows he has done wrong.  He is too smart for his age and so sensative that he gives the best when it comes to loves and you know when you are important in his life because he gives you the best smiles and he can wrap you up in a snuggle with his little bony legs and body like no other.  :)  He makes me laugh cause he is my firstborn and I learn how to be a mom from him.

My Grace...
From birth I have called her Mouse.  She was so tiny.  Hunter was 8lbs 2 oz and 21 inches long my baby girl was 6 lbs 5 oz and 18 inches long she was smaller then her brother and cousin and so tiny she was a mouse.  She has grown up to this big girl that can talk like a 5 year old and is smarter than her brother was at 3!  Her vocabulary is amazing her coloring is awesome she colors better then her brother!  She can count to 20 and she can do her ABC's and she can write her name and can write whatever you ask her.  It will not be the best and it might be all over the page but she can write her letters and they are either upper or lower case.  She can draw a cats face if you ask her.  She can do Preschool books so well.  She is trying to catch up to her brother in everything she does and I think she will in time.  She has the best smile and she has this 10 year old pose with a shake to her hips that I can't believe she even does!  She loves animals and hates any bugs.  If she could she would have more cats and a horse.  She would ask you to kill any bug she saw just to make her life easier.  She is so stubborn I am not sure what I am going to do when she is a teenager.  This girl also loves her Papa but if I was to say who her favorite was it would be Hunter.  She loves him and even though they are arguing guess who she is happy to tell about what she has done or learned...Hunter is the on she goes to.  She clings to me for everything which I love but in the end it is Hunter's approval she seeks.  She makes me smile cause of her laugh, smile, and excitment for life and she likes my music. 

I love my whompers so much and even though they test me every day just to sit and snuggle on the couch with them and look at their faces as they are watching and learning about zebra's and seeing how they learn and relax makes me love them and appreciate them more everyday.  I love my whomps.

3 comments:

Lori said...

They are such lucky whomps...you are the best Mama in the world!

Mom said...

Yep, Lori is right you are the best! I love these two little ones and every day is a blessing with them!

Anonymous said...

That was one of the sweetest posts I've ever read! :) I agree you are a pretty awesome Mama and your whomps are pretty lucky to have both of you!

Tracy