Saturday, June 16, 2012

:: summer learning ::

Hunter loves anything about American flags and wants to know so much about the world and where we live in I think he really got inspired at the end of school.  He was being taught something he enjoyed and then school was done.  So I am going to continue his and Grace's learning into the next 3 months of summer vacation.  I have never done this with my kids but we are going to start! This month we are going to begin with Geography!  When Larry and I went on a date a couple weeks ago we went into Barnes and Nobles and we both had the idea to look at World books for Buddy but hadn't told each other what we were thinking we just know our Buddy.  We found two good ones (they are the last 2 in the pic below) but we didn't buy them because we were killing time to go to a movie.  So today I had a me day and they were still there at the bookstore!  My mom knows dude is wanting to learn so she got him the first book but it is for 3-6 graders but this morning my whomps did the first page it was about floor plans in a person's house.  They had a great time with where they put the furniture that they had colored and I cut out.  Grace is going to be in on all of this too she just soaks up what Hunter learns.  Not sure yet what the next 2 months subject will be but it should be fun or we might just do all Geography this summer and I am excited to take them places and learn with them.  One of my favorite classes at PSU was Geography and I think it is because I don't know much about it. 


I think Buddy is going to love his new books!  I really like the A to Z book it is so plain and simple that he is going to soak it up like a sponge!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I think Hunter got turned onto the floor plans by playing wii Vacation--where he can rearrange furniture and add things on the floors of his "condos" So glad that you are doing this! It is always a good idea to encourage them to learn. I remember when you had trouble reading in 1st grade that summer, I signed you up for the summer reading program through the library, by September you read 28 books! And brought your level up to 3rd Grade! I was so proud of you!