Late last year Hunter was in the Learn to Play Hockey class for one class and one game and they made me pull him out to do more skating lessons even though the skating teacher said he passed. It was such a frustrating thing to do and Hunter was so bummed he couldn't do the class and his friend, David, was in it who was a couple years old then him and he wanted to stay in the class cause he wanted to be with his friend. So we did what the skating rink said I put him back in skating lessons for 2 months and he still wasn't ready for Learn to Play Hockey. When I was signing him up for more skating lessons they told me there was this new class for only hockey players that passed certain skating lessons and since he had passed them I could put him in this class it was an Intro to Hockey a new class made that if he passed it would definitely put him in the Learn to Play hockey. I was so game with this and I signed him up. It was on a Wednesday night at 6:05pm and I work until 5-5:30pm. I had to have my mom and Wayne help me get him there and dressed in his hockey outfit and it was such a lifesaver to know he was in his gear and ready to go. Thanks mom! This class was for 2 more months and the teacher was a hockey coach not a skating coach! Super cool and Coach Joe loved teaching this class you could tell! There was 4 boys in the class and they got to do so many new things and do hockey moves and fall on the ice and slide under a broom set on top of cones and skate around cones! It was such an awesome class to watch instead of the skate back and forth with 10+ kids and these boys got time with the hockey coach and it was so fun to watch them act like hockey boys. Tonight was testing night and all boys including Hunter passed! These boys are all 5 years old and they were super excited to know they are going to play hockey now! They have one more class together next week with the 4 of them and then on to hockey playing and learning with the big boys and using their hockey sticks and hitting pucks! I am so excited for Hunter cause he has been trying so hard and having so much fun and now he has 2 new friends to follow him through the next skating phase. I am pretty sure he will not get asked to go back to skating cause a hockey coach passed them so I am feeling good about this. :) The cool part about the Learn to Play hockey classes is that it is on my day off so I can take him now and it is an hour long not a half hour so Buddy is going to have so much fun but be one tired dude when he is done and he can play in the hockey games on Sunday's if he wants. :)
I just also want to post something about Kiwicrate! Thanks Lori for posting that you like it and your family is getting one that is so cool! Hope you like Blissmo! So our Kiwicrate came in the mail today!!! I took a picture of it!
Hunter is going love this one cause it has a board game they make themselves!! I am bad. I don't give my kids their Kiwicrate when it comes. Yes, sometimes they see it on the porch and get excited but I show them we got one and then I put it away until I think it is a good time to bring it out, which it is usually on the weekends. But I have a month to have them do 2 different projects and I use up that month! Last weekend we did the last of the second project cause I knew I was getting another box this week. It is so random when I bring out the box and I only do one project at a time. Sometimes I wait for Larry to be home to do a certain one I think he and the whomps would like to do together. So I am going to wait until this weekend or next to show Hunter the project on the left cause Larry can be here for it. Basically, what I am saying is I love, love Kiwicrate and I can do projects when I want my kids to and I love knowing it is here for those rainy days or if my kids need some brainpower time. And this box came with a handmade Valentine's day card to make for both of them so I am going to have them do that in February. You gotta try Kiwicrate it is the best!!!
2 comments:
I LOVE the kiwi crate idea! How fun. I would have loved those when I was young. :) I might have to keep those in mind for gift ideas. And way to go Hunter on his hockey skating skills. He is so determined and dedicated it's awesome! Your blog is fun, thanks for sharing your updates.
Tracy
so proud of Hunter!! and so glad to be of help to get him to hockey which he loves :)
Post a Comment