Saturday, March 2, 2013

:: my buddy and his birthday party ::

Today was Hunter's birthday party!  I am sad to say I didn't take one single picture.  I was trying so hard to talk to everyone at the party and make sure my kids were happy and good and the other kids were happy and good and to try to talk to everyone and eat that I didn't even pick up my camera even though I brought it.  Thank my lucky stars my mom took pictures and photos and I know they will be awesome and she is my saving grace so I can't wait until I get those and then I can share them with all of you!  Hunter turns 6 next Saturday and Larry leaves after this weekend so this is the first time he has been to a birthday party in a long time of Hunter's so that is why we did it early.  I usually do their party on their actual birthday so not to confuse them but this year we did it different so Larry could be a part of both of their parties.  We started off Hunter's birthday party day going to his favorite place...Krispie Kreme (aka the donut shop)!  Larry went night skiing with his brother last night and I told the whomps if they went to bed awesome we would take them to Krispie Kreme and they did so we went.  Hunter loves to watch them make the donuts and the last few times we went they haven't but this morning they did!  We got there early right at 8 and had breakfast.  Then it was off to get him a haircut!  We took him to a new place in the OC that Larry went to the day before.  Let me tell you that he just chatted away with the hairdresser and she did an amazing job on his hair and even spiked it!  He looks amazingly different now!  He looks 3 times older and looks like Larry and Larry's dad it is amazing!  When he is concentrating now on something he looks like Larry's dad and he looks like Larry 24/7.  Then we all went to Fred Meyers and Larry and Grace went to get Hunter a birthday present and Buddy and I went to get batteries and flowers.  Larry started something new this year.  I haven't gotten birthday presents for our kids since they have been born.  My bad I know but I did their parties and bought the food and favors that I just couldn't buy gifts.  So this year for Grace's birthday Hunter and Larry went to Fred Meyers before her birthday party and picked out some presents and wrapped them so we had to do the same for Hunter.  :)  He wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese for his birthday party and we did!  We invited family and the Corley family.  They have 3 kids and one of them is his best friend, Logan.  He had a blast and it was really overwhelming for me with trying to not loose both our kids and the Corley's kids in the game area but we prevailed and no one was lost.  I was so proud of my Buddy he tried new things and was such a big boy and was so very excited he blew out all of his candles with one blow!  It was a great night and I am so proud of my kids for being who they are and making sure that they show respect and listen to their family and showing love and laughing and being who they are even though they are silly and crazy in the end they are some amazing whomps.

Both Larry and I just kept looking at Hunter tonight with his new haircut and just in awe of how grown up he looks.  I just can't believe my oldest will be 6 next weekend.  He is doing amazing in school now and he read every single birthday card he got before he opened the gift and knew who it was from before he opened it just by reading.  He is amazing and I can't believe I get to be his mom and soak up all his love and be there to tuck him in at night after an exciting day in his life.

Maybe pictures and video's from his birthday party, tomorrow!

No comments: