Thursday, April 11, 2013
:: matter's of the heart ::
Today once again I was at Kaiser Hospital ICU cardiac unit with my dad. He had an angiogram this last January and had 2 stents put in and now 2 more today. I am amazed that he was back in the hospital again for chest pain but he didn't take as long to go in the hospital like in January. This time it took him 2 days of having the symptoms not weeks. The first go round in January was scary cause I had no clue what would happen or how long angiograms would take. This time I was more prepared. Also, he had the same cardiologist and same anesthesiologist! That made me feel so much better cause they fixed him the first time and they were going to again. And the anesthesiologist remembered me, too! The cardiologist not so much. My dad had the option this morning before I got to the hospital to increase his pills or do another angiogram and I am glad he choose to do the angiogram it pretty much increased his life span. I am not the best daughter to my dad and I should be so much better. He isn't my blood he adopted me and married my mom in the past. So I am glad I am the one he calls first or second and if he doesn't call me first he calls his mom. I realized today after going through this again with him that he is pretty darn proud of me. He loves to talk cause he is a lonely guy who lives by himself and like I said I am not the best daughter cause I don't call him alot. So when he is around people especially nurses and doctor's he will talk and talk. He is pretty smart and remembers alot. He might not be school smart but he is pretty smart. But you know what...he kept telling the nurses about me the whole time I was with him. Nurses! I am not a nurse I am just a medical assistant. I went to school after being an MA to be a RN but stopped after I got married and never went back to school. But my dad is so proud of me for what I know and do that he kept telling the RN's who know so much more then me and kept telling them I was a RN and I kept saying no I am a MA. It is so encouraging to know that my dad thinks so highly of me when I don't when I am in the hospital setting around all the RN's. But I wouldn't change what I am I am a MA and gonna stay one. :) I am so glad that my dad thinks the world of me and believes in me and wants me to be the one in charge of what goes on in his life and the after. It is a big commitment, but I would do it for him and if we have to keep doing more angiograms we got this. He has a big heart and as I get older I am figuring that out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you really needed to hear and and see how proud he is(and me too!). Maybe that is why God allowed this to happen. Things will get better. He has provided you with two kids who love you, parents who love you,in-laws who love you, friends and coworkers and patients who love you...and most of all, a loving God who loves you and will not abandon you no matter what happens and a praying mom who will never stop praying for you and the kids and...even Larry. love you forever,mom
Post a Comment