We woke up way to early today about 5:45am for Grace and 6:15am for Hunter and Grace was cranky and clingy and Hunter was unhappy and everything was dramatic. I had already planned to go to the beach with the kids anyways this was just the icing on the cake to put them in a car and drive away and hope they weren't cranky the whole way there. It took me about 2 hours to get everything ready and packed and by the time we got gas and me some coffee we hit the highway about 8:55am and Grace fell asleep in the car at 9:01am just like I thought she would. She is growing 4 big teeth two on the bottom and two on the top and I think that is why she is extra cranky and keeps waking up so dang early! So I was stalling in town to get on the road for her to fall asleep. Misha was in the back and Hunter had his Leapster 2 and we were off! I didn't tell family or friends that I was going I was giving everyone a break from us and the only ones that knew were some girls at work just in case the Cascadia fault shifted and an earthquake happened and the coast got flooded then they would tell my family. Crazy I know but I had it all planned out just in case cause you never know now with the earthquake in Haiti the Pacific Northwest has a 50% chance of getting an earthquake and the fault that would do it is 50 miles from the ocean. I learned all about this fault from Larry and I just learned about how much more mad it can get since Haiti shifted the globe it can make this fault unhappy anytime. Just a side note...Larry wanted to name Grace...Cascadia so I will never forget this fault let me tell you cause I fought hard on that name. Back to the beach. I probably have driven to the beach maybe one time in my life by myself so to take all of us there was a little sketchy for me but if it was to kill time than more power to me. We made it there but both kids were not happy about the sun being in their eyes Grace was beside herself after sleeping only 30 minutes and so mad at the sun in her eyes by the time we made it to the outlet mall she had wet spots on her coat. We went straight to the Gap Outlet and bought us all Gap hats and than went to the beach!
It was very exhausting for me because of Misha and the stroller. Misha was so excited and every dog she thought was out to kill the kids so she would bark and try to take us all out to get to them. Finally she calmed down but she still was alot of work the whole time. Note to self leave her at home. The kids had a great time Hunter wanted to go in the water but we didn't because I had the stroller with Grace in it, Misha, a bag of stuff, and than Hunter. So him, Misha and I went to the water once while Grace sat in her stroller and watched and she seemed so far away. We ate lunch on the sand and Hunter was to excited to eat and Misha was all about Grace's food. It was very hard for me to get the stroller with Grace in it out to the hard sand with Hunter and Misha tugging like a mad dog on the leash that a kind lady helped me push the stroller to the hard sand after seeing me struggling along. After lunch we went to the river part that has fast moving rapids and I let Hunter in to just a little part of it and he had fun. Grace was all upset in the stroller so I let her out and I am still trying to hold Misha on the leash and watch Hunter to make sure he doesn't get pulled into the little rivers current and it was pretty fast. And a nice kind teenager kid told me to watch out cause the current was fast. Thanks dude, I already knew that but I was nice to him and let him think I didn't have a clue. I don't know why but this beach had alot of pug dogs and Misha is not into small dogs she goes crazy and all these pug dogs were at this little river and you can just imagine the mess and Grace wasn't happy with the little bit of water time I gave her she wanted to be where Hunter was and I didn't even want Hunter to be where he was so I had Grace crying in the stroller and dragging Misha by her throat and Hunter complaining about leaving and we had to make it back to the car. Again it wasn't easy when we got to the soft sand and I was almost there and two kind old men must have seen me from the parking lot came and asked what they could do to help and I was so frustrated and my back hurt that I told them to please carry the stroller with Grace in it and they did. Such nice people out there! It was a nice time at the beach we did relax for a little bit and we went to McDonalds and ate in the car and hit the road by 2pm and all was asleep in the car. When I am alone just me and my kids aren't talking is when I think of what is going on. I realized that this is how my life is going to be. I gotta figure out how to plan things and do things by myself and Larry doesn't want to be a part of this and that is one of the things that hurts the most. That Larry doesn't want to be with me and I and the kids are were we are at because he doesn't want to be with me. Wow. Doesn't make me feel really good about me. I gotta deal with this and realize it will get better but when I do things that I have done with Larry in the past and I can't do anymore is when it hits me the hardest and I just have to breathe all over again. It was a good day but it also made me think about why it is the way it is because of me. On to pictures!
Can I say that it was a perfect day to go to the beach! It was 64 degrees when we got there and so very sunny!
The kiddos with their new hats! I am sporting a new brown one with pink Gap letters.
My buddy he is so serious. Can you see Misha's leash?
Notice the nice slopper on the rock. I guess nice, dirty rocks help with teething?
Hunter asking to go to the water. Grace got soooo mad when I took that rock away from her! It had so much sand on it she was furious with me! Notice Misha this is how she was the WHOLE time! I gotta love her she had a great time and is so exhausted from the day. I just couldn't leave her at home. She is family and would have been so bummed.
Lounging with the kiddos and watching for dogs. Such a protector! Misha was probably still for 2 seconds and than was so excited and wanted to bark. Grace is still chewing on that rock and Hunter is watching a kite.
1 comment:
what a challenge! but what a memory! Hunter looks so serious and Grace with her rock--how hillarious! We both laughed at her pics!
Grace is a Grace not a Cascadia--glad you won that fight! Love Mom & Wayne
Post a Comment