Sunday, March 14, 2010
Big boy underware!
Hunter has been going pee pee in the potty for a long time but he also has been in diapers and pull ups forever and some days he is good and some days he isn't. In the last year he has done poo's twice in the toilet. I was told boys are slower at the potty training and wait till they are 3 so that is what I have done. I also decided to wait until all this drama has settled down where I could keep my sanity about my life and not get upset if Hunter pee's all over the house and car. I have been talking to him for awhile about wearing big boy underware like his Papa and underware like me and he has been talking about it more. Well since he ran to the bathroom last night while I was putting Grace to bed and went pee all by himself without me asking I thought we were on the right track. So after my conference today and after his afternoon nap we talked about it again and I showed him some Elmo underware I had got him right after Grace was born and he wanted to put them on so I did. I explained to him that he couldn't pee or poo in them cause that would be yucky and we went to the store to get him some more with his birthday money and he knew he was going for big boy underware. We got some and when we got home I kept asking him if he needed to go potty and he didn't. I washed all of his new underware and he went potty before his bath and I set his underware that he had been wearing on the toilet seat and Grace got a hold of them and put them in the bath so they got soaked. I think she thought it was a wash cloth. We had to put pull ups back on cause the wash had to go in the dryer but we had a good start. Will see how tomorrow goes. But maybe we are on the homestretch for starting potty training. Bummer that tomorrow is daycare but will see we might have to wait until Friday night to start again. My boy is getting so big and I can't wait to save on pull ups and diapers when this happens it just means more savings for the budget! Yeah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
cute about Grace and the new underwear! Great job with Hunter and getting him to this point!
Post a Comment