Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I love IKEA

Can I tell you how much I love IKEA! We have gotten so much stuff from there in regards to the kiddos room furniture and toys. Tonight the kids, Misha, and I went to IKEA to get Grace a mattress topper for above her mattress. Hunter has one on his big boy bed that I got a couple months ago that fits 3/4th's of it and I use it for when he pees or pukes on his bed and I toss it in the laundry and nothing gets to his mattress. Love, love, love it! Yesterday I tried to see if it would fit in Grace's crib and it does it is just a little bit snug but with washing's I am pretty sure it will work. Grace's mattress is always cold for some reason she has thin sheets on it and she moves all over her crib throughout the night and naptime that I do not put covers on her and she out grew her co-sleeper jammies. So I thought why not get another crib mattress topper and use it to keep her mattress from not being so cold and make it nice and soft for her and when she gets a big girl bed we can just transfer it to that. So that is what I did went to IKEA got a mattress topper for $19.99 and some flannel sheets 2 for $6.99 in pink and now Grace has a nice hopefully warm bed to sleep in. And yes I didn't wash them I will tomorrow but I wanted to make sure I get some sleep and Grace is nice and comfy and warm tonight. She was so tired when we got back she had her bottle and I put her in her bed she looked at me and was unsure I think she realized it was different and softer but she is out cold so she must like it. Now if she gets sick or gets the flu and pukes in her bed it should be easy to clean up and I recommend any parent get this mattress cover it is the coolest thing!

I am still sick but I think I am on the homestretch. It went in my lungs today but Sudafed is doing it's job and I am going to take Theraflu in a few and hope my kids sleep better than last night. I kinda figured out why Hunter keeps waking up at 3:30-4:00am. He is talking in his sleep and than 1/2 hour later he is awake and asking for milk. Normally I would just let him talk away but he gets too loud and than I have both kids awake. He feel back to sleep after 4:30am and Grace woke up at 5:00am and she was screaming so I had to get her milk and that woke up Hunter about 5:30am and he kept saying Mama I wake up over and over again and by this time Grace is back to sleep and there was no way in Hell I was going to let Hunter get up and he wasn't happy and proceeded to ball but I just walked away and went to bed and was so frustrated with it all and had to find a cough drop for my throat that I just wanted to bury my head in my pillow and sleep the rest of the morning away but nope Grace woke up at 6:10am 5 minutes before my alarm went off and she was all about getting up. So I hope both kids sleep great tonight and don't wake up till 6 or after than maybe I can really start getting the rest I need to get rid of this cold and stop coughing.

1 comment:

The Elliotts said...

Al, have you ever heard of the Good Nite Lite? http://www.goodnitelite.com/
I got this night light for Bella for her 3rd birthday. It's small and you plug it in an outlet in their room so they can see it. You set the time so, for us, at 7:10pm at night it lights up and it's a moon. It stays lit as a moon all night. At 7am it turns into a sun and it's yellow. Bella learned that she can't call for us to come and get her until the sun turns yellow. It doesn't make noise so sometimes she'll sleep until 7:15 or 7:30 but if she does wake up at 6:45 she'll just play in her bed with her animals until the sun turns yellow and then she'll start calling us to come and get her because the sun is out. I have heard you mention a lot that Hunter wakes up really early and I thought this might be a way to train him to sleep a little later. They recommend that if a child wakes up at 5:30am you can switch the clock gradual to it will light up at 5:40am, then next night 5:45am, etc. until the time you want them to stay in their beds. Just a thought. It might work for Hunter. Just thought I would share! :-)