My kids are my life and they make me smile and laugh all I have to do is take a deep breathe look at them and just breathe them in and hang out with them and they make it all better. Bad day turned into a good night. Got evil stuff in the mail made me cranky and when I took a breathe and just hung out with my kids the evil went away in a bag to be dealt with later in the weekend. I did a load of laundry with Hunter and made dinner for the kids and when I was cleaning up I burned a candle put on Pandora and gave the kids bags to put animals in to carry around and it became a fun night. They had a great time with the bags and than I brought out food my mom brought and they played with the cans and boxes of food together and were so excited I got excited with them. I was done cleaning and decided to make cookies and Hunter helped. We decided to make them for papa's birthday and I took a picture and sent it to Larry's phone no response but that is
ok. He called earlier this am saying thanks for having the kids call so at least I got a thank you. Hunter was very excited to make them for him. I am not the meanest person in the world. I have to keep Larry in my kids life even though I don't want to cause he is hurting me so much but I have to so I might as well show Larry what it would be like if he had his family and kids again. After cookies were done we just hung out and played tents and forts with the white throw blankets and just hung out. It was a good night I was even dancing like a crazy woman to some songs on Pandora with a smile on my face. Grace and Hunter both went to sleep around 8:45pm which is unusual for both kiddos. Late for Grace very early for Hunter but I wasn't going to stop them. I was going to let them both stay up late just for the fun of it since it is Mother's day weekend. I am having a very hard time with Mother's day coming up. My first one knowing I am going to be a single mom. In the past I knew that Larry would make me feel special for being a mother but I don't think I will get that this year or the next few years to come. No more flowers no more things that husbands do to make mom's feel special. Makes me sad. From now on my mother's day will be being a single mom and that depresses me more than I can write about. But I know that my kiddos love me and I get to hang out with them all day and show them that I love them both to pieces and they are my life and they are my loves. They make a bad day into a good day. Enjoy these pictures that I finally took from tonight and I also took some the other day of Grace sitting on the counter looking like such a big girl!
How my bad day turned into a good night...
This is how this went down. Grace was cranky and I said how about we get a bag and find Big Bird. She didn't like this. So I said well why don't we find owl? She finally went along with this and stopped being cranky and hand in hand we went to my room and found owl and Big Bird. Well Hunter followed and wanted to have a bag to put animals in so I went back to the kitchen and got him a bag and they both put animals in it. Here is Hunter getting his rocket to put in his bag (Fred Meyer grocery bag) since he already had Grace's rocket in his bag.

Here they are with their bags full of animals. Notice Grace has her Elmo that is a hand-me down of Hunter's. They both put their bags on their shoulder like mama puts her purse on her shoulder. :)

Hunter wanted me to take a picture of him putting his rocket in his bag but it was too full he said to put rocket out.

He wanted me to take a picture of his bag full of stuffed animals. So why not? So I did. Made his day. :)

Here is Grace with her
girly Fred Meyer bag with no animals in it yet.

Here she is on mama's bed taking out Big Bird and Elmo and anything else that was in her bag. She was done with it being full.

She was getting upset cause she couldn't get Big Bird out cause his leg was stuck to the
Velcro. Pretty funny she was getting madder and madder cause she couldn't get him out! :)
Hunter wearing his new pj's from Nana that say Don't bug me! He wanted me to take a picture of him and his bag.

Here is a picture of Hunter making Papa birthday cookies. I was trying to be a good person a do this for the kids and Larry to keep him in their lives. Not sure if Larry will take it that way. I am not mean I am just human and this is me and this is how I work. Making people happy. Hunter had a blast and he knew it was Papa's birthday so why not do something for Papa even if he isn't here, right?

Playing with the cans and food my mother brought from the church food bank. No, I really don't need this food but yes it does help cause I don't have to buy these items. Do I feel guilty getting them yes cause I know that there are people out there with or in worse shape than we are but since I have been trying not to buy much it does help. The kids had a blast with the food cans an food boxes and I still had them in the bag that my mom brought them in. They dragged them all over the living room and put them in their play kitchen. It was nice to see them playing together and being nice at the same time.

Hunter making me some pasta. He loves to cook! The kids put the cans and food boxes in the cupboards and fridge and stove. They had a blast!

Is it me or does Grace look like a 2 year old in this picture? Look she even kept her hair pretties in her hair! Yes she is holding a night light but she loved it and I was trying so hard not to let her put it in her mouth but just remember I was also trying to get used to even putting her on the counter. Big step for me. She loved it.

Not good I know but after I took this picture I took the night light away from her. Where did my baby go and when did she become a big girl?
So that was my bad day turned into a good night with some pictures of Grace from a week or so ago. I survived Larry's birthday and I just have Mother's day to go. I can do this. Hope you enjoyed the pictures of my kiddos. It was a good night. I might go watch some more Food Revolution now. Well see.
Happy 36th Birthday to Larry and I wish him the best and I hope he finds the happiest he is looking for.
1 comment:
Glad you made things better! Miss G looks so much like you sitting on that counter! Sounds like a lot of fun with the kids. Great pics!
Praying for you and the kids, Mom
Post a Comment