Tuesday, August 24, 2010

big girl pull ups

My baby is potty training herself. I have no part in this. She all of a sudden wanted to go potty on the toliet and I have let her. She started this with me last Saturday and by the fourth time going to the bathroom and it was only 9am I had to go get pull ups for her. It was too much work taking her diaper off and putting it on. I also didn't believe that we were in the potty training time of her life. But we are. She went poo and pee in the toliet all day. Once she had her first pair of pull ups on she would not let me put a diaper on her she threw a fit. So I gave the rest of her diapers to daycare and we have pull ups and some big girl underware. But she is all about her big girl pull ups and she calls them that. The last two days she has been not so great at going potty in the toilet but I think she is just getting used to playing at daycare and realizing she has to go. On Sunday, I was making my way to the bathroom and she followed me and asked me "mama you go potty" and I told her yes so I started to go and she said "good girl mama". Precious, isn't it?! So we will see how this goes. I didn't believe it at first cause I wasn't ready for it but it doesn't seem to be in my hands she is on a mission to be like her brother and so I will just let her. My baby girl is getting to big :(

1 comment:

The Elliotts said...

That's awesome Al!! I am hoping Holland is like that. Seeing Bella go and just wanted to be like her. Good job Miss Grace!!