Sunday, December 12, 2010

"Ziploc" Art bags

One thing I love to do is organize! The kids have two places where their crayons, paints, and paper are at. One is on the wall in their bedroom that I love and then one in an unorganized fashion in my bedroom. The bedroom one needed to get moved out cause I am trying not to have kids stuff in their with the new look. My plan was to use Ziploc big bags and put their art stuff in it, aka anything crayola and paper and whatever. I love these bags! But I got XL and L and they were too big and I kept looking for Mediums and I gave up well today I looked on the side of the Large box and they only come in Large, XL, XXL. No wonder I couldn't find Mediums! But I thought why not use the Large so I did and I used my Ziploc freezer bags that I have stalked up from Costco! So here is what I did! I am so excited and I hope it inspires you too!
My kids get one of almost everything it makes life easier for me or whoever watches them. So each child has the same thing or almost the same thing. You put all the items that are paper, pencils, crayons, pens, or paint and seperate them in the freezer ziploc bags.Then if you have more then one child, like me I put on the Ziploc big bag their name and I wrote art bag and put their initial on it so they would know which one was their's. This one is Hunter's.
Then you put all the stuff in the bag. Awesome, huh! Easy storage easy for them to get at and they get to choose what they want to do!

Pretty cool! I even have Grace's ponies in one and they are great for putting toys in. You just have to make sure they do not put them over their heads so I just watch my kids when they have them or just take the stuff out of the bag and put the bag up high and when the kids are done just have them put their stuff back in. :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hate to say it but you get that "organizing" gene from me! Love it when things are organized! Good idea on the bags. Your room is coming together nicely! Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

What a great IDEA ... I need some of them, well a lot of those bags. Truly, I have never seen them before, however I know I can put them to great use here. Want to come and do some organizing around here? lol ...